PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:46 pm      Post subject:

Thank you! Smile

act 482 francziscz TYLENDA.1854.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  508.05 KB
 Viewed:  8614 Time(s)

act 482 francziscz TYLENDA.1854.jpg

Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:36 am      Post subject: Translation church marriage record - Dispensation

The attached church marriage record has a note in Polish under 'Dispensation' that I can't read. Could somebody please translate it for me? It would be interesting to know what it says since it appears that the marriage was invalid. The same girl (same parents) married another man two weeks later and the same man (same parents) married another girl two years later. Thank you.

Mateja-Klikuszewski marriage 1904.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  345.21 KB
 Viewed:  8614 Time(s)

Mateja-Klikuszewski marriage 1904.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 am      Post subject: Re: Andrej Deptula death

MAKOVA wrote:
Hello Elzbieta.

I am hoping that this death record is readable for you. I spent a bit of time trying to get it better but I am not sure if I have accomplished that. I believe this is another ancestor who lived to be at least 80.After staring at so many of these I think I am actually understanding some of the words. I thank you again for all your help!

Marie,

The act is easy to read, no slightest problem.

Here it is,
Best,
Elzbieta
==

==PO68:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1855_andrej_deptula_death4_112.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 6 November 1855, 3 pm, in Turobin
WITNESSES: Jan Król, 50 years old, and Mikołaj Pobiel, 40 years old, farmers peasants residing in the village Grudki
KTO: Andrzej Deptuła, died 4 November 1855, 8 am, eighty years old, farmer peasant residing in Grudki,
PARENTS: son of Jan and Agnieszka, spouses,
WIDOW: leaving behind a widowed wife Małgorzata born Górna

463 Grudki, Deptuła Andrzej
Dzialo sie w miescie Turobinie dnia szostego listopada tysiac osiemset piecdziesiatego piatego roku o godzinie trzeciej z poludnia. Stawili sie Jan Król lat piecdziesiat i Mikołaj Pobiel lat czterdziesci majacy, gospodarze rolni we wsi Grudkach zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli nam iz dnia czwartego listopada roku biezacego o godzinie osmej rano umarl w Grudkach Andrzej Deptuła lat osiemdziesiat majacy, gospodarz rolny w Grudkach zamieszkaly, syn Jana i Agnieszki malzonkow, zostawiwszy po sobie owdowiala zone Małgorzate z Górnych. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Andrzeja Deptuły. Akt ten stawajacym pisac nie umiejacym przeczytany, sami podpisalismy.
Ksiadz Piotr Rylski?

Translated:

It did happen in the city Turobin, in the sixth day of November, year one thousand eight hundred fifty-five, at three o'clock in the afternoon. Appeared in Jan Król, fifty years old, and Mikołaj Pobiel, forty-years old, farmers peasants residing in the village Grudki, and declared to us that on the fourth day in November of the current year at eight o'clock in the morning died in Grudki Andrzej Deptuła, eighty years old, farmer peasant residing in Grudki, son of Jan and Agnieszka, spouses, leaving behind a widowed wife Małgorzata born Górna. After visual conviction that Andrzej Deptuła passed away. This act was read to the present not knowing how to write, we signed ourselves.
Priest Piotr Rylski

==
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 am      Post subject:

Ute,

The notation states that this marriage did not take place because (the groom) Jan Klikuszewski ran away two days before the wedding. It seems that the groom decided that he didn't really want to go through with the marriage. The probable reason the marriage was entered in the register was that the data was entered from the records of banns or other data compiled prior to the wedding and only later it was noticed that the ceremony did not actually take place.

Dave
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:44 am      Post subject: Re: Translation church marriage record - Dispensation

Ute wrote:
The attached church marriage record has a note in Polish under 'Dispensation' that I can't read. Could somebody please translate it for me? It would be interesting to know what it says since it appears that the marriage was invalid. The same girl (same parents) married another man two weeks later and the same man (same parents) married another girl two years later. Thank you.

Ute,

The Polish text in the below
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/mateja_klikuszewski_marriage_1904_450.jpg
is:

Ten slub nie byl dany z powodu tego ze Jan Klikuszewski [WORD] 2 dni przed slubem
This marriage was not given because Jan Klikuszewski [WORD] two days before the wedding.

It's difficult to decipher the WORD, it could be either
uciekł - fled away
OR
umarł - passed away

Why the bride married someone else 2 weeks later in such a situation is a small mystery of life (she desperately wanted to marry just anyone; or her husband wanted her, and made his rival disappear; or anything else: the family came over for the party and they wanted to drink and dance).

But your second information - that the to-be-groom married someone else 2 years later, is a hint that he escaped from the marriage scheduled on 5 Sept 1904 [WORD is uciekł]

Thanks, it's interesting!
Elzbieta
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:04 am      Post subject:

dnowicki wrote:
Ute,

The notation states that this marriage did not take place because (the groom) Jan Klikuszewski ran away two days before the wedding. It seems that the groom decided that he didn't really want to go through with the marriage. The probable reason the marriage was entered in the register was that the data was entered from the records of banns or other data compiled prior to the wedding and only later it was noticed that the ceremony did not actually take place.

Dave

Dave,
Thank you very much! I thought this was what happened, just couldn't understand why the marriage was entered in the register if it didn't take place. Just speculating -- perhaps the 'bride' was in love with someone else -- because she married another man only two weeks later. I imagine it wasn't funny back then, but I had to think of "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman and his Elaine ...
Thanks Dave!
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 am      Post subject: Re: Translation church marriage record - Dispensation

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
Ute wrote:

Ute,

The Polish text in the below
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/mateja_klikuszewski_marriage_1904_450.jpg
is:

Ten slub nie byl dany z powodu tego ze Jan Klikuszewski [WORD] 2 dni przed slubem
This marriage was not given because Jan Klikuszewski [WORD] two days before the wedding.

It's difficult to decipher the WORD, it could be either
uciekł - fled away
OR
umarł - passed away

Why the bride married someone else 2 weeks later in such a situation is a small mystery of life (she desperately wanted to marry just anyone; or her husband wanted her, and made his rival disappear; or anything else: the family came over for the party and they wanted to drink and dance).

But your second information - that the to-be-groom married someone else 2 years later, is a hint that he escaped from the marriage scheduled on 5 Sept 1904 [WORD is uciekł]

Thanks, it's interesting!
Elzbieta

Elzbieta,
Thank you for your translation and considerations. Yes, the 'to-be-groom' married another girl on May 14, 1906 in the same church. I found his wife's obituary of 1954 that listed his name, no children mentioned. This is really a mystery.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 am      Post subject:

Ute,

Maybe Jan just followed the advice from Paul Simon's song "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"---"You just slip out the back, Jack". It is interesting to speculate about the reason and about why Katarzyna married someone else 2 days later---it wasn't like she needed to get married to stay in the country---there were no green cards then. The only people who really know what happened and the motives involved are Jan & Katarzyna.

Dave
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:12 am      Post subject: Re: translation

Everything Relative wrote:
Hello Elzbieta - I am hoping I can get a translation for the attached. I'm slowly learning, but need confirmation. Thanking you in advance for your help.

ER,

Here is Ludmila,
Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO68:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/act_314_ludwika_tylenda1854_702.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 10 September 1854, 2 pm, in Suwałki
MIDWIFE: Maryanna Mocharska, a midwife residing in the village Polaśnia, 50 years old
FATHER: the late Franciszek Tylenda, passed away on 5 August 1854
MOTHER: Anna born Modzelewska, 23 years old, his wife
KTO: Ludmiła Tylenda, born 8 September 1854, 7 am, in Polaśnia
WITNESSES: Adam Fiedorowicz, 35 years old, and Jan Maximowicz, 40 years old, both farmers from Polaśnia
GODPARENTS: Adam Fiedorowicz and Ludwika Maximowicz

314 Polaśnia
Dzialo sie w Suwalkach dnia / dwudziestego dziewiatego sierpnia / dziesiatego wrzesnia / tysiac osiemset piecdziesiatego czwartego roku o godzinie drugiej z poludnia. Stawila sie Maryanna Mocharska, akuszerka w wsi Polaśni zamieszkala, lat piecdziesiat majaca, w obecnosci Adama Fiedorowicza, lat trzydziesci piec, tudziez Jana Maximowicza lat czterdziesci majacych, obydwoch wloscian z Polaśni, i okazala nam dziecie plci zenskiej urodzone w Polaśni dnia osmego wrzesnia roku biezacego o godzinie siodmej rano, oswiadczajac iz to dziecie jest splodzone z niegdy Franciszka Tylendy w dniu piatym sierpnia roku biezacego zmarlego, i z jego pozostalej malzonki Anny z Modzelewskich lat dwadziescia trzy majacej. Dziecieciu temu na chrzcie swietym odbytym w dniu dzisiejszym nadane zostalo imie Ludmila a rodzicami jego chrzestnymi byli Adam Fiedorowicz i Ludwika Maximowiczowa. Akt ten stawajacej i swiadkom przeczytany, podpisalismy, ile ze stawajaca i swiadkowie pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz Makowski

Translated:

It did happen in Suwalki on / twenty-ninth day of August / tenth day of September / year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-four, at two o’clock in the afternoon. Appeared in Maryanna Mocharska, a midwife residing in the village Polaśnia, fifty years old, in the presence of Adam Fiedorowicz, thirty-five years old, and Jan Maximowicz, forty-years old, both farmers from Polaśnia, and presented us a female child born in Polaśnia, in the eighth day of September of the current year at seven o'clock in the morning, declaring that this child is begotten of the late Franciszek Tylenda, passed away on the fifth August of the current year, and his remaining wife Anna born Modzelewska, twenty-three years old. On the holy baptism held today the child has been given the name Ludmiła, and his godparents were Adam Fiedorowicz and Ludwika Maximowicz [suffix –owa, wife of Maximowicz]. This act was read to the declarant [she] and witnesses, we signed, because the declarant [she] and witnesses do not know how to write.
Priest Makowski

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:19 pm      Post subject: Re: translation

ER,

Here is Katarzyna,

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO68:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/act_439_katarzyna_tylenda1854_151.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 2 September 1854, 3 pm, in Suwalki
WITNESSES: Franciszek Staśkiewicz 40 years old, and Antoni Jaroś 47 years old, both farmers residing in the village Bród
KTO: Katarzyna Tylenda, died 1 September 1854, 5 am, widow of Antoni Tylenda, residing in the village of Brod loźno?, 80 years old,
PARENTS: daughter of the late spouses Kormas, native from the village Polaśnia
NOTE: I cannot decipher one word, here “we wsi Brodzie loźno? zamieszkala”. The word “luźno” means “loosely”, and in that context could mean “resided alone in the village Brod”. Sorry, it can be totaly mistaken.

439 Bród
Dzialo sie w Suwalkach dnia / dwudziestego pierwszego sierpnia / drugiego wrzesnia / tysiac osiemset piecdziesiatego czwartego roku o godzinie trzeciej z poludnia. Stawili sie Franciszek Staśkiewicz lat czterdziesci i Antoni Jaroś lat czterdziesci siedem liczacy, obydwaj wloscianie we wsi Brodzie zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli, ze w dniu pierwszym wrzesnia roku biezacego, o godzinie piatej rano, umarla Tylenda Katarzyna, po Antonim Tylendzie wdowa, we wsi Brodzie loźno? zamieszkala, lat osiemdziesiat majaca, corka niegdy malzonkow Kormasow rodem z Polaśni. Po przekonaniu sie naocznym o zejsciu rzeczonej Katarzyny Tylendy. Akt ten stawajacym niepismiennym przeczytany, podpisalismy.
Ksiadz Makowski

Translated:

It did happen in Suwalki on / twenty-first August / second September / year one thousand eight hundred fifty-four, at three o'clock in the afternoon. Appeared in Franciszek Staśkiewicz forty years old, and Antoni Jaroś forty-seven years old, both farmers residing in the village Bród, and declared that on the first day of September of the current year, at five o'clock in the morning, died Tylenda Katarzyna, widow of Antoni Tylenda, residing in the village of Brod loźno?, eighty years old, daughter of the late spouses Kormas, native from the village Polaśnia. After visual conviction that the said Katarzyna Tylenda passed away. This act read to the illiterate present, we signed.
Priest Makowski

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:05 pm      Post subject:

Thank you! Smile

ER,

Here Franciszka Tylenda,
Best,
Elzbieta

==
==PO68:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/act_482_francziscz_tylenda1854_184.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 10 September 1854, 3 pm, in Suwalki
WITNESSES: Wawrzyniec Wojciechowski 34 years old, and Piotr Baginski 28 years old, both farmers residing in the village Potaśnia
KTO: Franciszka Tylenda, died 9 September 1854, 3 pm, young woman, 23 years old, of [Tylenda’s family], residing with family in Potaśnia,
PARENTS: daughter of the late Maciej and Malgorzata spouses Tylenda,
NOTE: Potaśnia - Potasznia today, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potasznia,_Podlaskie_Voivodeship

482 Potaśnia
Dzialo sie w Suwalkach dnia dziesiatego wrzesnia tysiac osiemset piecdziesiatego czwartego roku o godzinie trzeciej z poludnia. Stawili sie Wawrzyniec Wojciechowski lat trzydziesci cztery, i Piotr Baginski lat dwadziescia osiem liczacy, obydwaj wloscianie we wsi Potaśni zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli, ze w dniu dwudziestym osmym sierpnia / dziewiatym wrzesnia / roku biezacego, o godzinie trzeciej z poludnia, umarla Tylenda Franciszka, panna lat dwadziescia trzy majaca, corka niegdy Macieja i Malgorzaty malzonkow Tylendow rodem, i zamieszkala przy familii w Potaśni. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu rzeczonej Franciszki Tylendy. Akt ten stawajacym niepismiennym przeczytany, podpisalismy, ile ze stawajacy pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz Makowski

Translated:

It did happen in Suwalki on the tenth day of September, year one thousand eight hundred fifty-four, at three o'clock in the afternoon. Appeared in Wawrzyniec Wojciechowski thirty-four years old, and Piotr Baginski twenty-eight years old, both farmers residing in the village Potaśnia, and stated that on twenty-eighth day of August / ninth of September / the current year, at three o'clock in the afternoon, died Tylenda Franciszka, young woman, twenty-three years old, daughter of the late Maciej and Malgorzata spouses Tylenda, [Tylenda’s family], and residing with family in Potaśnia. After visual conviction that the said Franciszka Tylenda passed away. This act read to the illiterate present, we signed, as the appearing parties do not know how to write.
Priest Makowski

==
Everything Relative

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:28 pm      Post subject:

Super!! Thank you so very much Elzbieta! Much appreciated.
EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 370

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:39 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta (and Dave, if he's reading), I did some searching for the Christmann family. Specifically, I know people have gotten back a bit farther, but I can't find their sources. I finally came across someone who had sources listed. I plan on getting another microfilm of indexed names for Trublin, which should get me Appolonia's last name, as well as parents for both John Christmann and Appolonia.

But also mentioned to get farther was this book: Stemmer-Abstammung-Sicherung 4.2.08.FTW v. 30. Okt.08.FTW

I looked on Family Search and they don't seem to have it. Any idea who might have it?
Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:17 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta,
would you please translate the attached record. Thank you in advance for your help!

Helli

B 1836 Lange.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  716.37 KB
 Viewed:  8568 Time(s)

B 1836 Lange.jpg

JS2985
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 123

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm      Post subject:

Hi Elzbieta,

I found the attached obituary for my great grandmother while going through some of my Mother's things. Would you please translate it for me.
Thank you,
Joann

IMG_0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  660.55 KB
 Viewed:  8568 Time(s)

IMG_0005.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 69 of 581

Jump to: