PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:41 pm      Post subject: Re: Józef Krzywkowski Marriage 1843

Elzbieta,
I appreciate your work on the translations that were difficult to decipher. From other records in this parish, the mother is Kunegunda Ustymecka (her 1823 death at 29 years #32 and her daughter Joanna's death in 1855 #71, etc.). Joanna's death record gives her place of birth as Myślin, while the marriage document in 1843 clearly states Gościmin in Nowe Miasto (about 1816). Perhaps Kunegunda had her daughter on a visit to family. I have not found the marriage record for her, so I do not know where she was from, and her death record does not give the place nor her parents. Ustymecki is not a common name in this parish, and the scribes had trouble writing it.

Many thanks,

Marilyn
Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
mestanton wrote:
Elzbieta,
Please translate my great-great grandfather's 1843 marriage to Maryanna Myślinska in Kocewo and his sister Joanna's marriage in Myślin in the same year. Your help is appreciated.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO303:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jzef_krzywkowski_marriage_1843_159.jpg

MARRIAGE: /8/20/ - 20 February 1843, at 3 pm, in Poniatowo
GROOM: noble-born Jozef Krzywkowski, young man, 29 years old, residing in Myślin, on the hereditary part, ibid born, and staying with his father
GROOM-PARENTS: son of nobles Andrzej and Kunegunda born Kownacka, spouses Krzywkowski, mother already passed away,
BRIDE: Miss Maryanna Myslinska, born in Kocewo, and staying with her parents, 23 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of nobles Bernard and Maryanna born Rzepotarska, spouses Myslinski, residing in Kocewo on the hereditary part,
WITNESSES: Piotr Szczypiński, organist, 27 years old, and Jan Szydlowski, sacristan, 45 years old, residing in Poniatowo
BANNS: 5, 12 and 19 February 1843, at 12 noon, in the church in Poniatowo
NOTE: the scribe started the usual sentence about witnesses not knowing how to write, then he corrected “only knowing how to write”

Kocewo 11
Dzialo sie w Poniatowie dnia /8/20/ lutego 1843 roku, o godzinie 3 po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy, iz w przytomnosci swiadkow Piotra Szczypinskiego, organistego, lat 27, i Jana Szydlowskiego, zakrystyana lat 45 liczacych, w Poniatowie zamieszkalych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy szlachetnie urodzonym Jozefem Krzywkowskim, kawalerem, lat 29 liczacym, synem szlachetnych Andrzeja i Kunegundy z Kownackich Krzywkowskich, matki juz nie zyjacej, w Myślinie na czesci dziedzicznej zamieszkalych, tamze urodzonym, i przy ojcu zostajacym; a panna Maryanna Myslinska, corka szlachetnych Bernarda i Maryanny z Rzepotarskich Myslinskich, w Kocewie na czesci dziedzicznej zamieszkalych, tam urodzona, i przy rodzicach zostajaca, lat 23 majaca.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jzef_krzywkowski_marriage_1843_p_2_806.jpg
Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w kosciele Poniatowskim, w dniach 5, 12 i 19 lutego roku biezacego, o godzinie 12 w poludnie. Tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Zezwolenie ustne ojca nowozaslubionego i rodzicow nowozaslubionej oswiadczone bylo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczyli, iz zadnej umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom pisac tylko umiejacym przeczytany i przez nich podpisany zostal, reszta osob pisac nie umie.
X. Kazimierz Paminski, Proboszcz Chamski i Poniatowski
Signatures:
Jan Szydlowski
Piotr Szczypinski

Translated:

It happened in Poniatowo on the day /8/20/ February 1843, at 3 pm. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Piotr Szczypiński, organist, 27 years old, and Jan Szydlowski, sacristan, 45 years old, residing in Poniatowo, today have been concluded religious marriage between the noble-born Jozef Krzywkowski, young man, 29 years old, son of nobles Andrzej and Kunegunda born Kownacka, spouses Krzywkowski, mother already passed away, residing in Myślin, on the hereditary part, ibid born, and staying with his father; and Miss Maryanna Myslinska, daughter of nobles Bernard and Maryanna born Rzepotarska, spouses Myslinski, residing in Kocewo on the hereditary part, born there, and staying with her parents, 23 years old.
()
This marriage was preceded by three announcements in the church in Poniatowo, on 5, 12 and 19 February of the current year, at 12 noon. No opposition to the marriage had happened. An oral permission from groom's father and bride’s parents was stated. The new spouses declare that they did not concluded any prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the presents and witnesses only knowing how to write [NOTE] and by them was signed, the other persons do not know how to write.
Priest Kazimierz Paminski, Pastor in Chamsk and Poniatowo

==PO303:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/joanna_krzywkowska_marriage_1843_803.jpg
MARRIAGE: /24 May/5 June/ - 5 June 1843, at at 12 noon, in Poniatowo
GROOM: Jan Dudkiewicz, young man, residing in rented place in Myslin, born in Poniatowo, 29 years old
GROOM-PARENTS: son of the late Pawel and living Dorota born Mianowska, spouses Dudkiewicz, former farmers in Poniatowo
BRIDE: Miss Joanna Krzywkowska, born in Gościmin of the parish NoweMiasto, and now residing in Myslin, with her father, 27 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Andrzej and the late Kunegunda born Motywiecka, spouses Krzywkowski, residing in Myślin on hereditary part,
WITNESSES: Piotr Szczypiński, organist, 27 years old, and Jan Szydlowski, sacristan, 50 years old, residing in Poniatowo
BANNS: 14, 21 and 28 May 1843 at 12 noon, in the church in Poniatowo
NOTE: geography
część wsi
Gościmin
woj. mazowieckie
pow. płoński
gmina Nowe Miasto

Myślin 15
Dzialo sie w Poniatowie dnia /24 maja/5 czerwca/ 1843 roku, o godzinie 12 w poludnie. Wiadomo czynimy, iz w przytomnosci swiadkow Piotra Szczypinskiego, organistego, lat 27, i Jana Szydlowskiego, zakrystyana lat 50 liczacych, w Poniatowie zamieszkalych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy janem Dudkiewiczem, mlodzianem, na pokomornem w Myslinie zamieszkalym, w Poniatowie urodzonym, niegdys Pawla i zyjacej Doroty z Mianowskich Dudkiewiczow, bylych gospodarzy w Poniatowie, lat 29 liczacym; z panna Joanna Krzywkowska, corka Andrzeja i niegdys Kunegundy z Motywieckich Krzywkowskich, w Myślinie na czesci dziedzicznej
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/joanna_krzywkowska_marriage_1843_p_2_600.jpg
zamieszkalych, w Gościminu parafii Nowomiejskiej urodzona, a teraz w Myslinie przy ojcu zamieszkala, lat 27 liczaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w kosciele Poniatowskim w dniach 14, 21 i 28 maja roku biezacego o godzinie 12 w poludnie. Zezwolenie ustne matki i ojca przytomnych aktowi malzenstwa oswiadczone bylo. Malzonkowie oswiadczyli, iz zadnej umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany zostal, przez nas i swiadkow tylko podpisany, gdyz ci pisac nie umieja.
X. Paminski, Proboszcz Chamski
Signatures:
Piotr Szczypinski
Jan Szydlowski

Translated:

It happened in Poniatowo on the day /24 May/5 June/ 1843, at at 12 noon. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Piotr Szczypiński, organist, 27 years old, and Jan Szydlowski, sacristan, 50 years old, residing in Poniatowo, today have been concluded religious marriage between Jan Dudkiewicz, young man, residing in rented place in Myslin, born in Poniatowo, son of the late Pawel and living Dorota born Mianowska, spouses Dudkiewicz, former farmers in Poniatowo, 29 years old; with Miss Joanna Krzywkowska, daughter of Andrzej and the late Kunegunda born Motywiecka, spouses Krzywkowski, residing in Myślin on hereditary part,
() born in Gościmin of the parish NoweMiasto, and now residing in Myslin, with her father, 27 years old. This marriage was preceded by three announcements in the church in Poniatowo on 14, 21 and 28 May of the current year at 12 noon.
An oral permission from groom’s mother and bride’s father was stated. The new spouses declare that they did not concluded any prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the presents and witnesses by us and by them was signed, the other persons do not know how to write.
Priest Paminski, Pastor in Chamsk
Signatures:
Piotr Szczypinski
Jan Szydlowski

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:53 pm      Post subject: Re: Death Record 1864

Mrudnik wrote:
Hi Elizabieta,

Thank you for your previous translations that you have done for me. I have a death record for my 2nd great grandfather from the Ugoszcz Parish in 1864 that I am requesting you translate. It is in two parts.

I also have what I believe to be a record of a land grant given to my 10th great grandfather in 1672 that I would like translated.

Thank you for all of the assistance that you have given me, it is greatly appreciated.

Michael Rudnik

Michael,

I have bad news.
Two of your records are in German, and alas, I do not read German.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/rudnik_wojciech__zgon_1864_192.jpg -- GERMAN
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/rudnik_wojciech__zgon_1864_2_984.jpg -- GERMAN

Your third document is in Polish, printed. I do not re-type printed documents (which is first step in any translation). Occasionnaly I might have typed a document of general interest, such as current printed BMD forms delivered in Poland, but that is all.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/pawelr1672_109.jpg - PRINTED

Before I post this message, I made a Google search for initial couple of words, and discovered that your page is taken from a book available at Kujawsko-Pomorska Digital Library, part to the University Kazimierz Wielki in Bydgoszcz, http://www.ukw.edu.pl/strona/english
Therefore I could browse it online, find your page, copy/paste it into text processor.

It is a text from 1672, you can hardly understand it, besides few words here and there.
That text is copied here, you can copy/paste it into google or bing translate, it is as good as in Polish - you have a vague idea of few words.

Which I summarise here:
Quote:

Podstoli - the manager of resources at a castle – decided that near the village Woysk there is a large land, not cultivated, and that it could bring some money to the castle. So he decides to lend this land to different persons listed in the act (already being owners, it says "soltys or kmiec", important ones), for 10 years, for a fee of 10 groszy for a morg, which will make together for the castle benefits florins 50.20 per year. After 10 years the land will go back to the castle. During 10 years that land is exempt from usual taxes for the castle. Some punishments are foreseen in case of whatever (impossible to understand) breach of contract. Signed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podstoli

Best,
Elzbieta

ORIGINAL SOURCE
==PO303:
cf. Documenta Capitaneatus Slochoviensis : (1471-1770), printed in Torun 1935
http://kpbc.ukw.edu.pl/dlibra/plain-content?id=24281
Page 157/260
139 -
122. Woiszczanom na morgi do lat 10.
Człuchowo 22. Iistopada l672.

Stanisław Slupecki, podstoli Mozyrski, podstarosci na tęn czas Czluchowski etc. Oznaimuię tym listęm moim, komu to wiedziec będzie nalezało, mianowicie następcom zwierzchnosci ząmkowej. Ze widząc we wsi Woysku przy granicy Pomorskiey sieła zaroslin, zadnego nieczyniących pozytku Ząmkowi, umyslnie tam na to mieisce ziachawszy, rozkazałem na przyczynięnie nowych morgow pomięnione pomierzyc zarosle y tamecznym obywatelom, tak szaltysom i kmieciom, one do lat dziesięcii od daty teraznieiszey, za czynszęm zwyczainym morgowymi po groszy dziesięciu od morgu co rok rachuiąc, w wolne porozdanęm uzywanie, rownie iako y z dawnemi sobie od Ząmku pozwolonemi; ktorych morgow tak dawnych, iako y nowych, taki iest rachunek: Marcin szaltys w summie starych y nowych morgo w 29. Szaltys Grzegorz w summie 19. Paweł Rudnik 14. franc Dorawa 24. Walek Virkus 21. Michał Virkus 19. Szyp rit smolnik 17. Strzelec w summie 9 oprocz swoiey strzeleckiey roli. W summie na tey wsi morgow sto pięcdziesiąt y dwa, od kazdego po groszy 10 uczyni co rok do Regestru ząmkowego fI. 50.20. Co oddawszy, do zadnych wzgledęm tych morgo w nie maią bydz pociągani cięzarow ząmkowych. Po wysciu zas lat 10 pomięnione morgi na dalszą przypadac maią dispositią ząmkową. Gdzieby się zas pokazało, zeby ktowolwiek z nich nad sobie wymierzoną y ocechowaną orac się wazeł granicę, winą zamkową dziesięcia tallarow karany będzie , gdyby to bez opowiedzęnia się ząmkowego czynieł: czego szaltysi y raidzcy iako y strzelec doglądac powinni, pod takowąsz winą. Na co się dla lepszy pewnosci przy pieczęci ząmkowey ręką własną podpisuię.
Działo się w ząmku Czluchowskim die 22. Novembris 167se- cundo etc. S. Slupecki Pod. Moz. (Locus sigilli.)

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:01 pm      Post subject:

antonina1 wrote:
Hello, please help in translating into English and Polish

http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/5c04eceff53a14f6

http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/11a4aa2f986d1eff

http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/943f3cdf61455d60

Thank you very much.

Antonina,

All the three records are in Cyrillic (Russian). Please post it to the Topic:
Russian records translations p.2
where Marcelroust will help you.

Best,
Elzbieta
hannahblack26
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:58 pm      Post subject: Quick translation: comment on a photograph

Hi, Elzbieta!

My great-grandmother's granddaughter found a picture of my grandfather - this would be Urszula Gielicz's son - as a boy and though I've translated the words, I can't make sense of the numbers (?).

"Edek [on/from?] first Communion" is as far as I've gotten - and thanks to your numerous translations for me I was able to translate that bit with ease! Very Happy My grandfather was Edmund, and I know "Edek" is an affectionate nickname.

I thank you wholeheartedly.

Best,
Hannah

Back of boy with candle pict.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.92 KB
 Viewed:  16841 Time(s)

Back of boy with candle pict.jpg

Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:49 am      Post subject:

Hi Elzbieta,
once again, I need your help with this marriage record. The handwriting is bad, but I hope you can decipher it.
As far as I can make out, it could be another daughter (Helena) of Krystyan Lange and Maria Magdalena Hartke, athough, I have not found her birth record. Time and place do fit in - Kolonie Modlinska and the other children were born between 1836 and 1844 (which I have found).
At your convenience, would you please translate it for me. If you think it doesn't belong to "my" family, then I would be happy with the names listed.
Thank you so much in advance.
Helli

M- Helena Lange 1858 # 4-004-005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  669.78 KB
 Viewed:  16840 Time(s)

M- Helena Lange 1858 # 4-004-005.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:48 am      Post subject: Re: Quick translation: comment on a photograph

hannahblack26 wrote:
Hi, Elzbieta!

My great-grandmother's granddaughter found a picture of my grandfather - this would be Urszula Gielicz's son - as a boy and though I've translated the words, I can't make sense of the numbers (?).

"Edek [on/from?] first Communion" is as far as I've gotten - and thanks to your numerous translations for me I was able to translate that bit with ease! Very Happy My grandfather was Edmund, and I know "Edek" is an affectionate nickname.

Best,
Hannah

Hannah,

Excellent.

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/back_of_boy_with_candle_pict_211.jpg
Edek od pierwszej komunii świętej, w dniu 23.VI.45r
//
Edek the first Holy Communion, on 23.VI.45 -- 23 June 1945

Re: numbers [date] in Polish, see https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data with examples [Polish data=English date; Polish dane=English data]

Best,
Elzbieta
==

In summary, when Polish date is written in numbers, the month is always in the second place, never in the first.
The year number is offten followed by letter r with dot, like 23.VI.45r. - that "r." stands for "rok"=year, and dot is abbreviation mark.
One Polish specific rule is that you may write month in Roman numbers, we learnt it in school.

Example of 23 June 1945, Polish handwritten dates:
23 czerwca 1945
23.VI.1945
23.VI.45 [ambiguity if you deal with records from 1800s and 1900s]
1945-06-23

==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
czimmer
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:32 pm      Post subject: Ukranian/Lemko photo translation request

Elzbieta – Hello! As always, I enjoyed reading your previous translation and responses to my questions – Thank you! I appreciate your thorough explanations.

I have another question. Two of the old photos I sent previously (page 225 and page 298) are not signed. Does this language (Ukranian/Lemko) have words to indicate gender? Could there be any clues in the grammar/text that would indicate if it was a male or female who had written to my husband’s great-grandmother so I would know if it was her brother’s or her sister’s families in the photos (for identification purposes)? If not, no problem.

I have another translation I am respectfully requesting, when it is convenient for you. The photo is of a family posing outside - a man, woman, and two young girls. The older/taller girl is dressed in white and is holding up a rolled up paper (like a diploma), flowers and photograph in her hand.

Thank you! Carol Zimmer

Familyof4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  419.92 KB

Familyof4.JPG

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:07 pm      Post subject:

[email protected] wrote:
I am looking for the names and birthdates of my grandfather's (Stanley Adam Bolesta) father's ( Adam Bolesta) generation.
My grandfather arrived in the USA in 1912 and lived with an uncle Nicholas Bolesta around Larksville Pennsylvania near Scranton Pa. He worked in the coal mines until he joined the service in World War I.

There are lots of Bolesta in the Scranton. Larksville area. We just can't figure out if we are related or not. I think we have to get back to Adam's generation to see if we have a common link. I am hoping that you or someone you know might be able to provide information that might assist.

There may be burial details that would list family members of the deceased.

Is there someone who could translate my grandfathers birth certificate?
thanks
ROn Bolesta

Ron,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==
==PO306:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/download.php?id=9327
Stanley Bolesta Birthcertificate.pdf

Proboszcz Kościoła paraf. R.-K. // Pastor of the Roman Catholic parish church
w BIELSKU-PODLASKIM // in Bielsk-Podlaski
Diecezja Pińska // Diocese of Pińsk, today in Belarus, Pinsk [see NOTE geography below]
poczta Bielsk-Podlaski // post office Bielsk-Podlaski
N 643

Metryka urodzenia // Birth certificate
Wydana na zasadzie ksiegi metrykalnej chrzestnej z r. 1895 str 189 nr 4 // Delivered based on the baptism book from the year 1895, page 189, record number 4
Imie i nazwisko: Stanisław Bolesta
// First and Last name
syn, córka Adama i Marjanny z Truskawskich, mał. ślub. [małzonków ślubnych]
// son of Adam and Marjanna born Truskawska, legitimate spouses
urodzil sie w wsi Bolestach parafii Bielskiej
// born in the village Bolesty of the parish Bielsk-Podlaski
roku tysiąc osiemset dziewięćdziesiątego piątego
// year one thousand eight hundred and ninety-five - 1895
dnia szóstego stycznia starego stylu
// day 6 January old style [old Julian calendar, that implies birth 18 January Gregorian calendar, the one used today]
Ochrzczony dnia 8 stycz.tegoż roku w kościele Bielskim
// Baptised on 8 January same year in the church in Bielsk-Podlaski [20 January, see above]
Kumami byli: Mikołaj Bolesta i Aniela, żona Piotra Bolesty
// Godparents were: Mikołaj Bolesta and Aniela, wife of Piotr Bolesta

Seal: ECCLESIA R-C PAROCIA (FARA) B.??? BIELSK PODLASKI
Bielsk-Podlaski, dnia 21 grudnia 1931
// [issued in] Bielsk-Podlaski, 21 December 1931
Dziekan i proboszcz bielski (signature illegible)
// Dean and Pastor in Bielsk-Podlaski (signature illegible)

NOTE: geography https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Diocese_of_Pinsk
==
hannahblack26
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Quick translation: comment on a photograph

hannahblack26 wrote:
Hi, Elzbieta!

Best,
Hannah

Hannah,

Excellent.

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/back_of_boy_with_candle_pict_211.jpg
Edek od pierwszej komunii świętej, w dniu 23.VI.45r
//
Edek the first Holy Communion, on 23.VI.45 -- 23 June 1945

Re: numbers [date] in Polish, see https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data with examples [Polish data=English date; Polish dane=English data]

Best,
Elzbieta
==

In summary, when Polish date is written in numbers, the month is always in the second place, never in the first.
The year number is offten followed by letter r with dot, like 23.VI.45r. - that "r." stands for "rok"=year, and dot is abbreviation mark.
One Polish specific rule is that you may write month in Roman numbers, we learnt it in school.

Example of 23 June 1945, Polish handwritten dates:
23 czerwca 1945
23.VI.1945
23.VI.45 [ambiguity if you deal with records from 1800s and 1900s]
1945-06-23

==

Oh, no, then that means the photograph is not of my grandfather, but of his (possible) half-brother, who was named Edward! My family has always said that Edward was the illegitimate son, born in 1921 (almost exactly 10 years after my grandfather) of my great-grandfather Karol.

He didn't look very much like my grandfather the older he got, but as a boy, he certainly looks a LOT like the only other picture we have of my grandfather when younger. I know my family always considered him Karol's son.

I thank you for the quick translation and the new information!

Best,
Hannah
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:07 pm      Post subject: Next wagon: MEMO-24apr2016

MEMO-24apr2016
==

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27165#27165
zack Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 pm Post subject: ORACZ
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/p_oracz_659.jpg -- DONE 26 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/h_r_oracz_924.jpg -- DONE 26 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ruchla_oracz_367.jpg -- DONE 26 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/oracz_zucker_951.jpg -- DONE 26 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27167#27167
[email protected] Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:20 pm Post subject:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/download.php?id=9327 -- DONE 24 April
Stanley Bolesta Birthcertificate.pdf

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27168#27168
czaplicki Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1813&kt=3&plik=22-23.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0 -- DONE 1 May
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1813&kt=3&plik=24.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0 -- DONE 1 May

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27180#27180
hannahblack26 Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:58 pm Post subject: Quick translation: comment on a photograph
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/back_of_boy_with_candle_pict_211.jpg -- DONE 24 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27184#27184
Helli Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:49 am Post subject:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/m_helena_lange_1858__4_004_005_128.jpg -- DONE 27 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27191#27191
czimmer Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:32 pm Post subject: Ukranian/Lemko photo translation request
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/familyof4_223.jpg -- DONE 25 April

ADDED AFTER the initiat MEMO was posted

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27199#27199
crispm28 Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:15 pm Post subject:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/sobala_damazy_b_12_08_1839_70_198.jpg -- DONE 1 May
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/sobala_damazy_d_4_10_1840_21_181.jpg -- DONE 1 May
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/olek_angela_30_pg1_b10_3_1811_341.jpg -- DONE 1 May
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/olek_angela_30_pg2_b10_3_1811_389.jpg -- DONE 1 May

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27216#27216
zack Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm Post subject: ORACZ
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/abram_oracz_139.jpg -- DONE 1 May
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/___125.jpg -- DONE 1 May

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27219#27219
adamsam Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 pm Post subject: Polish records translations
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1864_rozalia_samelko_death_952.jpg -- DONE 29 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1860_rozalia_sameko_birth_1_108.jpg -- DONE 29 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1858_barbara_sameko_birth_1_137.jpg -- DONE 29 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1855_marianna_sameko_death_1_732.jpg -- DONE 29 April
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1852_nn_samelko_birth_and_death_212.jpg -- DONE 29 April

ADDED 29 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27227#27227
nercell Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:38 pm Post subject: Marianna Tylicka b 1849 Szydlowo
Baptismal of my great grandfather's sister Marianna Tylicka-daughter of Antoni Tylicki (the 'zakladnik'). Record #6
http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/AP-Mlawa/Szydlowo_przekazane_do_numerowania/1849/_M_1228.jpg -- DONE 30 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27228#27228
ossnhughie Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm Post subject: 6 records from the Kozakiszki Roman Catholic church
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1812_antoni_and_teresa_fronckiewicz_marriage_record_145.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1812_death_of_jozef_teresas_first_husband_226.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1814_birth_and_baptism_of_wincenty_fronckiewicz_675.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1816_death_record_salomea_jastrzembska_124.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1817_birth_and_baptism_records_of_jakub_and_jozef_fronckiewicz_708.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/1811_fraciszka_birth_and_baptism_174.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27239#27239
antonina1 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:11 pm Post subject: -- DONE 27 April
Typed text in Polish

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27244#27244
Philip Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:37 pm Post subject:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/image_453.jpeg -- DONE 30 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27247#27247
zack Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Next wagon: MEMO-17apr2016
Jungle of questions, all already DONE
READ http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27282#27282 -- GENERAL INFORMATION about MEMO for everybody -- Done 29 April
Answer http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27297#27297 -- Done 29 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27251#27251 ===========================> NOT DONE
zack Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:34 pm Post subject: Please translate only if it is Chawa Oracz records
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/__2_184.jpg
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/__1_116.jpg

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27255#27255
ctamara Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 am Post subject: translations
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/julian4_137.jpg -- CYRILLIC -- redirected to Russian
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/francisek1828_153.jpg -- DONE 1 May

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27287#27287 ===========================> NOT DONE
zack Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:11 pm Post subject: Jankelwicz # 1
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/paragraph___486.jpg
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/paragraph_paragraph_169.jpg

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27290#27290
mkorgie Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:29 pm Post subject: Nagoszyn - Ownership Disputes
Typed text in Polish -- DONE 30 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27306#27306
nat75sch Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:59 am Post subject: Polish to English translation confirmation please
Typed text in Polish -- DONE 30 April

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27314#27314
ossnhughie Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:01 pm Post subject: 5 of 7 more Kozakiszki records
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1807_franciszek_jozef_ruczynski_birth_100.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1804_franciszka_ruczynska_death_435.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1804_birth_ewa_jastrzemska_582.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1803_marriage_of_jozef_ruczynski_and_teresa_jastrzemska_108.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1803_franciska_ruczynska_birth_record_871.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27315#27315
ossnhughie Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:06 pm Post subject: Elzbieta here's part 2 (two records)
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1810_death_record_of_karolina_ruczynska_115.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1810_birth_record_of_karolina_ruczynska_784.jpg -- WILL NOT BE DONE

==
PAST MEMOs:
==
MEMO-31mar2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26802#26802
==
MEMO-03apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26849#26849
==
MEMO-10apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26974#26974
==
MEMO-17apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27073#27073
==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Sun May 01, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 15 times in total
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:15 pm      Post subject:

Hello, I have what I think is a birth document for Angela Olek in two pages and a birth and death record for Damazy Sobala. Thank you in advance.
Christine

Sobala Damazy b. 12-08-1839 #70.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.41 KB

Sobala Damazy b. 12-08-1839 #70.JPG

Sobala Damazy d. 4-10-1840 #21.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  503.09 KB

Sobala Damazy d. 4-10-1840 #21.JPG

Olek Angela #30 pg.1 b.10-3-1811.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.83 KB

Olek Angela #30 pg.1 b.10-3-1811.JPG

Olek Angela #30 pg.2 b.10-3-1811.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  307.7 KB

Olek Angela #30 pg.2 b.10-3-1811.JPG

Mrudnik

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:44 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record 1864

Hello Elzbieta,

Thank you for looking at the other two for me anyway - at least I know to look at it in German. I also appreciate the information on the other record. It is veryhelpful inmy search.

Thank you again for all of your translations.

Michael

Mrudnik wrote:
Hi Elizabieta,

Thank you for your previous translations that you have done for me. I have a death record for my 2nd great grandfather from the Ugoszcz Parish in 1864 that I am requesting you translate. It is in two parts.

I also have what I believe to be a record of a land grant given to my 10th great grandfather in 1672 that I would like translated.

Thank you for all of the assistance that you have given me, it is greatly appreciated.

Michael Rudnik

Michael,

I have bad news.
Two of your records are in German, and alas, I do not read German.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/rudnik_wojciech__zgon_1864_192.jpg -- GERMAN
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/rudnik_wojciech__zgon_1864_2_984.jpg -- GERMAN

Your third document is in Polish, printed. I do not re-type printed documents (which is first step in any translation). Occasionnaly I might have typed a document of general interest, such as current printed BMD forms delivered in Poland, but that is all.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/pawelr1672_109.jpg - PRINTED

Before I post this message, I made a Google search for initial couple of words, and discovered that your page is taken from a book available at Kujawsko-Pomorska Digital Library, part to the University Kazimierz Wielki in Bydgoszcz, http://www.ukw.edu.pl/strona/english
Therefore I could browse it online, find your page, copy/paste it into text processor.

It is a text from 1672, you can hardly understand it, besides few words here and there.
That text is copied here, you can copy/paste it into google or bing translate, it is as good as in Polish - you have a vague idea of few words.

Which I summarise here:
Quote:

Podstoli - the manager of resources at a castle – decided that near the village Woysk there is a large land, not cultivated, and that it could bring some money to the castle. So he decides to lend this land to different persons listed in the act (already being owners, it says "soltys or kmiec", important ones), for 10 years, for a fee of 10 groszy for a morg, which will make together for the castle benefits florins 50.20 per year. After 10 years the land will go back to the castle. During 10 years that land is exempt from usual taxes for the castle. Some punishments are foreseen in case of whatever (impossible to understand) breach of contract. Signed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podstoli

Best,
Elzbieta

ORIGINAL SOURCE
==PO303:
cf. Documenta Capitaneatus Slochoviensis : (1471-1770), printed in Torun 1935
http://kpbc.ukw.edu.pl/dlibra/plain-content?id=24281
Page 157/260
139 -
122. Woiszczanom na morgi do lat 10.
Człuchowo 22. Iistopada l672.

Stanisław Slupecki, podstoli Mozyrski, podstarosci na tęn czas Czluchowski etc. Oznaimuię tym listęm moim, komu to wiedziec będzie nalezało, mianowicie następcom zwierzchnosci ząmkowej. Ze widząc we wsi Woysku przy granicy Pomorskiey sieła zaroslin, zadnego nieczyniących pozytku Ząmkowi, umyslnie tam na to mieisce ziachawszy, rozkazałem na przyczynięnie nowych morgow pomięnione pomierzyc zarosle y tamecznym obywatelom, tak szaltysom i kmieciom, one do lat dziesięcii od daty teraznieiszey, za czynszęm zwyczainym morgowymi po groszy dziesięciu od morgu co rok rachuiąc, w wolne porozdanęm uzywanie, rownie iako y z dawnemi sobie od Ząmku pozwolonemi; ktorych morgow tak dawnych, iako y nowych, taki iest rachunek: Marcin szaltys w summie starych y nowych morgo w 29. Szaltys Grzegorz w summie 19. Paweł Rudnik 14. franc Dorawa 24. Walek Virkus 21. Michał Virkus 19. Szyp rit smolnik 17. Strzelec w summie 9 oprocz swoiey strzeleckiey roli. W summie na tey wsi morgow sto pięcdziesiąt y dwa, od kazdego po groszy 10 uczyni co rok do Regestru ząmkowego fI. 50.20. Co oddawszy, do zadnych wzgledęm tych morgo w nie maią bydz pociągani cięzarow ząmkowych. Po wysciu zas lat 10 pomięnione morgi na dalszą przypadac maią dispositią ząmkową. Gdzieby się zas pokazało, zeby ktowolwiek z nich nad sobie wymierzoną y ocechowaną orac się wazeł granicę, winą zamkową dziesięcia tallarow karany będzie , gdyby to bez opowiedzęnia się ząmkowego czynieł: czego szaltysi y raidzcy iako y strzelec doglądac powinni, pod takowąsz winą. Na co się dla lepszy pewnosci przy pieczęci ząmkowey ręką własną podpisuię.
Działo się w ząmku Czluchowskim die 22. Novembris 167se- cundo etc. S. Slupecki Pod. Moz. (Locus sigilli.)

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Ukranian/Lemko photo translation request

czimmer wrote:
Elzbieta – Hello! As always, I enjoyed reading your previous translation and responses to my questions – Thank you! I appreciate your thorough explanations.

I have another question. Two of the old photos I sent previously (page 225 and page 298) are not signed. Does this language (Ukranian/Lemko) have words to indicate gender? Could there be any clues in the grammar/text that would indicate if it was a male or female who had written to my husband’s great-grandmother so I would know if it was her brother’s or her sister’s families in the photos (for identification purposes)? If not, no problem.

I have another translation I am respectfully requesting, when it is convenient for you. The photo is of a family posing outside - a man, woman, and two young girls. The older/taller girl is dressed in white and is holding up a rolled up paper (like a diploma), flowers and photograph in her hand.

Thank you! Carol Zimmer

Carol,

Concerning your first question:
"Two of the old photos I sent previously (page 225 and page 298) are not signed. Does this language (Ukranian/Lemko) have words to indicate gender?"

I went back to all the three photos from you to re-verify. But no, no word giving indication about gender. The only observation possible is that the card signed Ryfun Sofija is with letters carefully aligned, while the scribe is less applied in two others, not Sofija.

1. ==> married son, daughter, grand children, etc.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22795#22795
Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:38 pm
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/o_back_156.jpg

2. ==> Ryfun Sofija
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23495#23495
Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 pm Post subject: Request Ukranian translation
==PO237:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/austria_back_131.jpg

3. ==> two brothers/ two sons Mychajło i Dmytro, 25.6.58
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26854#26854
Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:23 am
==PO298:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/twomen6251958_833.jpg
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/twomen6251958back_750.jpg

Your card in this message is in Polish, probably from the Holy Communion of the bigger sister dressed in white.
Two little sisters, their Mom and the Aunt they do not know. One may guess their Mother's emotion recalling similar situation from the past, Mother and Aunt, also two sisters, and pushing her elder daughter to write the card.

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO306:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/familyof4_223.jpg
Mycio Olga

Wysylam na pamiatke dla Cioci zdjecie z Mamusi i z Tatusia od mojego pierwszego przyjecia.
Dla ukochanej Cioci, ktora ja nie znam, ani mamusia tylko zawsze wspomina i mnie gada.
Co moja Mamusia wspomina od swojego tatusia nieboszczyka i o Cioci.
Dowidzenia do milego zobaczenia.
(vertical) Pozdrawiam was Ciociu?

Translated:

I send as a souvenir to you my Aunt this photo with Mommy and Daddy of my first acceptance [NOTE1].
For my beloved Aunt, whom I do not know, neither mom [NOTE2], just always she remembers, and talk to me.
What my Mommy remembers from her daddy passed away, and about Aunt.
Goodbye, looking for a nice visit.
(Vertical) I greet you, Aunt?

NOTE1: I guess it is the Holy Communion, Pierwsza Komunia in Polish, because you wrote “dressed in white”. Very often a young person have a large candle, special for that celebration, like for example here http://www.fakt.pl/m/crop/0/-550/faktonline/635032055079194528.jpg or here https://e-dewocjonalia.eu/userdata/gfx/6e4948ba2b2adc2033d901c27ba48fbc.jpg - you wrote about a rolled up paper, which might look similar to the candle on the picture.
NOTE2: “whom I do not know, neither mom, just always she remembers, and talk to me” it is exactly what is written in Polish, the young girl is writing a card to her *unknown* Aunt, she feels unhappy with that, and she added “neither mom” which seems contradictory [the unknown Aunt should be Mom’s sister]

==
zack

Replies: 446

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm      Post subject: ORACZ

Thanks for everything. Very Happy
ZACK

ABRAM ORACZ.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.15 MB

ABRAM ORACZ.jpg

???? ?????.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.52 MB

???? ?????.jpg

adamsam

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 pm      Post subject: Polish records translations

Attached are records of the Samelko family. I am guessing they are in Polish because I can somewhat read the names. I hope I'm not asking to much, but I have submitted (5) documents. any help is greatly appreciated.
Adam Samelko

1864 Rozalia Samelko death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.45 KB
 Viewed:  16841 Time(s)

1864 Rozalia Samelko death.jpg

1860 Rozalia Same??ko birth (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 MB

1860 Rozalia Same??ko birth (1).jpg

1858 Barbara Same??ko birth (1).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

1858 Barbara Same??ko birth (1).JPG

1855 marianna Same??ko death (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.41 MB

1855 marianna Same??ko death (1).jpg

1852 N.N. Samelko birth & death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.72 KB

1852 N.N. Samelko birth & death.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 307 of 580

Jump to: