PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am      Post subject: Defiance-Film about 1200 Polish Jews and Poles saved in WWII

Defiance, movie directed by Edward Zwick (Blood Diamond, The Last Samurai), which will appear in theaters on Jan 16, has already aroused a lot of controversy in Poland. The plot of film is based on a true story. According to some historians the main character Tewje Bielski (featured by Daniel Craig) was not only a hero who saved about 1200 people in woods, but also murderer of civilians..

Nevertheless, I am sure it is worth watching, at least for the for the fact that there is a chance even better to imagine how the life in eastern Poland in those horrible war times might looked like...

Movie trailer:

[html-link]
Send e-mail
violin75

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 pm      Post subject:

I watched this movie and then I purchased the DVD. In my opinion, it was a fabulous movie. At times, it was sad but it was powerful. The Bielski brothers are heroic for saving so many lives at a time when death was on everyone's doorstep!

Did you see it and if you did, what was your opinion? Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Books & Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: