PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm      Post subject:

Ryszard,

Thank you so much! That Adam Rutka is definitely my gr gr grandfather. I very much appreciate your time and effort.

Steve
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:24 am      Post subject:

For Zack:

No. 5
Icek-Aizyk Macherowski and Fraidla Roitman

It came to pass in the posad [suburb] of Tarlow on 1 May 1905, at 9:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses, teachers of the posad Tarlow Moisek Grinszpan, 44, and Janas Mandelbaum, age 33, that concluded today was the religious marital union between ICEK-AIZYK [ISAAC] MACHEROWSKI, single, age 20, merchant residing in posad Tarlow, son of Szaj Wulf and Milka Jochwet nee Brit/Bryt, and maiden/single FRAIDLA ROITMAN/ROJTMAN, age 20, residing in posad Tarlow with her parents, daughter of Cheli [or Chemi?] and Dyna Lai nee Lewinson Rojtman, legal marriage. The marriage was preceded by the three announcements published in the Tarlow Jewish synagog on 16, 23, and 30 of April this year. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. The religious rite of marriage was concluded by local rabbi Zuker. This act read to the illiterate newlyweds and declarants, and signed by the witnesses below. Registrar/Compiler of Civil Acts [illegible]

Witnesses: M. Trautman, J. Mandelbaum
Rabbi M. P. Zuker
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:46 am      Post subject:

For Beth:

The name of the place of registry is repeatedly spelled "Kamianki," which may or may not be correct for Polish.

No. 15

Kamianki

It came to pass in the village of Koscielna Burzin [spelling?] on 7/19 February, 1882, at 4:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of Teodor Rutkowski, 45, and Maximilian [?] Rutkowski, 48, lesser gentry [szlachty] property owners residing in the village of Kamianki, that concluded today was the religious marital union between Alekszandr Wykowski, single, age 27, son of deceased Matej and the living Franciszka nee Stronijaska [or Stronsjaska?] Wykoski/Wykowski, legal marriage, lesser gentry property owners in the village of Rceklice [?], Poryte parish born and residing there, and Michalina Gosiewska [?], single, age 21, daughter of deceased Ludwik and Maryanna nee Kownacka Gosiewski, legal marriage, lesser gentry property owners residing in the village of Kamianki. The marriage was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the local parish church on 24 January/5 February, 31 January/12 February, and 7/19 February of this year. The newlyweds declared that they had concluded a prenuptial agreement in the city of Lomża on January 25/February 6 of this year before Regent Karolic [?]. The newly wed maiden was given written permission to marry by her guardian Siewiet [?] in the gmina district] court of the first district on 6 February of this year. The ceremony of marriage was concluded by Fr. Szczerbinski, rector of Burzin parish. This act read aloud and signed only by me, because the illiterate did not sign. Fr. Szczerbinski.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:52 am      Post subject:

For Chuck:

Poryte, No. 71

It came to pass in the village of Poryte on October 12/25, 1912, at 10:00 AM. Appeared in person Telesfor Charubin, 45, and Anton Wyrwaszewski, 40, farmers from the village of Poryte, and declared that yesterday at 5:00 AM died in the village of Poryte at her place of birth EUGENIA-ZOFIA ZONAK, age 9 months, enrolled/registered in the village of Malyplock [?], daughter of Jozef and Sofia nee Charubin [Zonak]. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Eugenia-Sofia Zonak verified. this act read aloud to the illiterate attendees and signed only by us. Fr. A. Zitkowski, administrator of Poryte parish, registrar of civil acts.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:35 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
For Beth:
The name of the place of registry is repeatedly spelled "Kamianki," which may or may not be correct for Polish.

Ryszard,

Kamianki is correct name, there is a numberof Kamianki or Kamianka in Poland.
The old book have it:
http://dir.icm.edu.pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_III/731
Kamianki, wies szlachecka powiat Kolnienski gmina Jedwabne parafia Buszyn

I checked all the villages in your record, here it is on today maps:

Burzyn, Jedwabne, Poland (gmina = county Jedwabne)
Kamianki, Jedwabne, Poland
Jedwabne, Poland
Budy Poryckie, Poland (3 km from Poryte) // it could be the village of Rceklice [?], Poryte parish
Rogienice, Poland (10 km bird distance from Poryte) // it could be the village of Rceklice [?], Poryte parish
Poryte, Poland

Best,
Elzbieta
harufam

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:22 pm      Post subject:

Could someone kindly tell me what to look for regarding the name Modro? I mean, what does that name look like both printed and written in Cyrillic? I am looking for this family in church records (LDS FILMS) and it would be most helpful to know what I was looking for (ha ha). Thank you very much, in advance.

Chuck Harubin

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:50 pm      Post subject: Handwritten Cyrillic

harufam wrote:
Could someone kindly tell me what to look for regarding the name Modro? I mean, what does that name look like both printed and written in Cyrillic? I am looking for this family in church records (LDS FILMS) and it would be most helpful to know what I was looking for (ha ha). Thank you very much, in advance.

Chuck Harubin

Chuck,

Attached in jpeg is handwritten Cyrillic Modro:
Модро

I did it using Google translate.google.com
The attached jpeg is in French (because we have no choice with localization), but I am sure you will immediately see it in Englich.

Open translate.google.com in your browser.
Select Russian (Russe in French).
You have 3 methods to type:
1. Py - priviet; you type in Latin, and Google put it in Cyrillic
2. Russian keyboard; you type letter by letter selecting it on the shown Russian Cyrillic keyboard; it's long but for one word here or there it helps
3. Handwritten (Ecriture manuscrite in French); you do it like a child in school, except you are drawing with a shown pen

The best thing with handwritten is that Google shows you in the bottom what you draw in printed.

It's a really fantastic tool.

NB. If you want to have Cyrillic printed and handwritten together, see this URL (jpeg).
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/WillH157/52880.jpg

Enjoy!
Best,
Elzbieta

Russian-handwritten-with-Google-translate.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.2 KB
 Viewed:  9451 Time(s)

Russian-handwritten-with-Google-translate.jpg

Pennst411

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:17 pm      Post subject: Marianna Rutka death record

Hello,

Would someone be able to translate this death record for Marianna Rutka? Thank you in advance for the help!

Steve

Marianna Rutka death record (d 1908) #88.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  483.2 KB

Marianna Rutka death record (d 1908) #88.jpg

Derbydeb

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:19 pm      Post subject: Baptism Ewa Terech translation

Please help with translation of this baptism record from Bogoria Parish. Thanks so much!

PolishBirthRecordEva.jpg
 Description:
Baptism for Ewa Terech
 Filesize:  40.57 KB

PolishBirthRecordEva.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:02 am      Post subject:

Hi, Ryszard

I would appreciate your translation for these two records.

Thanks,
Gilberto

1890 - B - Jozef Sobieski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  408.78 KB

1890 - B - Jozef Sobieski.jpg

1886 - B - Stanislawa Sobieski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  282.72 KB

1886 - B - Stanislawa Sobieski.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 am      Post subject: Re: Handwritten Cyrillic

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:

Chuck,

Модро

The attached jpeg is in French (because we have no choice with localization), but I am sure you will immediately see it in Englich.

2. Russian keyboard; you type letter by letter selecting it on the shown Russian Cyrillic keyboard; it's long but for one word here or there it helps
3. Handwritten (Ecriture manuscrite in French); you do it like a child in school, except you are drawing with a shown pen

The best thing with handwritten is that Google shows you in the bottom what you draw in printed.

NB. If you want to have Cyrillic printed and handwritten together, see this URL (jpeg).

Enjoy!
Best,
Elzbieta

Elzbieta,

Do you know why sometimes the letter 'd' looks like a 'g' and sometimes like a 'd' ?
I've seen it often used in cardinal numbers, for instance, 'twenty-two", etc.

Gilberto

d.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.28 KB
 Viewed:  14515 Time(s)

d.JPG

Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 am      Post subject: Re: Handwritten Cyrillic

Magroski49 wrote:
Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:

Chuck,

Модро

Enjoy!
Best,
Elzbieta

Elzbieta,

Do you know why sometimes the letter 'd' looks like a 'g' and sometimes like a 'd' ?
I've seen it often used in cardinal numbers, for instance, 'twenty-two", etc.

Gilberto

Gilberto,

I guess it's related to upper and lower case, and potential confusion.

If your d.JPG indicates how to romanize Cyrillic to Latin, Cyrillic->Latin, it says:
Uppercase Cyrillic Д -> Uppercase Latin D
lowercase Cyrillic д -> lowercase Latin g
The opposite, Latin->Cyrillic, would be:
Uppercase Latin D -> Uppercase Cyrillic Д
lowercase Latin g -> lowercase Cyrillic д
But hey folks, lowercase Latin d writes handwritten like the letter in the middle, so please pay attention.

I recall here on PO one or two records, when Polish scribe had to manage both writing systems simultaneously, and was making typos.
I wouldn't blame anybody on that, I do such typos too when trying to decipher, it's very pesky.

Best,
Elzbieta
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 pm      Post subject:

For EANWhitson:

Again, I am not certain of the correct Polish spellings, and this scribe's handwriting is not much help in either language!

No. 43
Goworowsk and Przedswit [?]

It took place if Wansjewo [Wąsiewo?] on 1/13 October, 1890, at 5:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of Adam Majk, farmer from Kruszewo, 28, and Jan Majewski, farmer from Przedswit [?], 50, that concluded today was the religious marital union between FRANCISZEK KAPRZYNSKI, single, born and residing in Goworowsk, morganic farmer, age 22, son of deceased Franciszek and Maryanna nee Szutkow [Szutek?], and WERONIKA MASLOWSKA, single, born in Dombielica [Dąbielica ?], residing with her parents, farmers residing in Przedswit, age 22, daughter of Franciszek and Jozefa nee Wojcicka Maslowski, legal marriage. The marriage was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the Goworosk and Wonciewo [?] parish churches on 16/28 September, September 23/5 October, 30 September/12 October. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. The marriage ceremony was conducted by the undersigned, administrator of Wonciewo parish. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed only by me. Fr. Jozef Stelmach, administrator of Wonciewo parish, registrar of civil acts.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 am      Post subject:

For EANWhitson:

This scribe was much more concise in his/her writing, so I'm a bit more certain of spellings!

Przedswit/Przedswice

It came to pass in the village of Woncewo [Wącewo?] on 10/22 October, 1899, at 2:00 PM. Appeared in person Franciszek Kacprzynski, farmer, age 32, residing in Przedswice, in the presence of Jozef Majecki, 35, and Stanislaw Wiszniewski, 36, both farmers residing in the village of Przedswice, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in the village of Przedswice on 30 September/12 October of this year at 10:00 AM of his legal wife Weronika nee Masloska [so in text], age 30. At holy baptism concluded today by Fr. Jan Piotrowski, administrator of Woncewo parish, the child was given the name of WALERYAN. Godparents were Aleksander Ciszloski [so in text], and Józefa Prusik. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. Jan Piotrowski, Administrator of Woncewo parish, registrar of civil acts.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 am      Post subject:

Two for Gilberto:

Lubowidz

It came to pass in Lubowidz on 14/26 January, 1890, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Walenty Sobieski, laborer from Lubowidz, age 55, in the presence of Anton Banaszewski, laborer, age 40, and Franciszek Zielinski, farmer, age 33, both of Lubowidz, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Lubowidz on 7/19 January of this year at 7:00 AM of his legal wife Julianna nee Majewska, age 35. At holy baptism today by Fr. Jozef Ossowski, administrator of Lubowidz parish, the child was named JOZEF. Godparents were the above Antoni Banaszewski and Franciszka Iwanowska. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarant and witnesses, and signed only by me. Fr. Jozef Ossowski, administrator of Lubowidz parish, registrar of civil acts.

-#-

Lubowidz

It came to pass in Lubowidz on 7/19 December, 1887, at 1:00 PM. Appeared Walenty Sobieski, servant from Lubowidz, age 52, in the presence of Mikolaj Pokorowski, cooper, age 52, and Antoni Raszkowski, shoemaker, age 40, both from Lubowidz, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Lubowidz yesterday at 2:00 PM of his legal wife Julianna nee Majewska, age 30. At holy baptism concluded today by Fr. Jozef Ossowski, administrator of Lubowidz parish, the child was named STANISLAWA. Godparents were the above Mikolaj Pokorowski and Antonina Raszkowska. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. Jozef Ossowski, administrator of Lubowidz parish, registrar of civil acts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 147 of 238

Jump to: