PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:59 pm      Post subject:

I don't know why, but when I went away from the forum, then returned to it, the other three records miraculously appeared! I'll have them for you shortly.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 pm      Post subject:

Marciewsk

Compiled in the village of Mlodoew on 13/25 October, 1875, at 11:00 AM there appeared Piotr Tylisz, farmer, 35, residing in Marciewsk, in the presence of Anton Piwnicki [?], 38, and Marcin Pliwinski, 44, farmers residing in Marciewsk, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Marciewsk today at 4:00 AM of his legal wife Marianna nee Dabkiewicz, 29. At the rite of holy baptism conducted today, the child was given the name of CECILIA. Godparents were Andrzej Piwnicki and Malgorzata Karpinska. This act was read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed by me.

Fr. Karl Janowski, Rector.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 pm      Post subject:

Michalow

Compiled in the village of Mlodoew on 17/29 July 1877 [?], at 2:00 PM. There appeared Piotr Tylisz, farmer, 40, residing in Michalow, in the presence of Andrzej Budalski [??], laborer, 33, and Wawrzyniec Katrzik [?], 25 [?], farmers residing in Michalow, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Michalow on 14/26 July this year of his legal wife Marianna Dabkiewicz, 40. At the rite of holy baptism, the child was given the name of HELENA. Godparents were Andrzej Budalski [?] and Jozefa Pradelska. This act was read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed by me.

Fr. Karl Janowski, Rector.

Michalow

Compiled in the village of Mlodoew on 8/20 February 1880 [?], at 4:00 PM. There appeared Piotr Tylisz, farmer, 42, residing in Michalow, in the presence of Wawrzyniec Katrzik [?], laborer, 29, and Jan Jaworski, farmer, 30, residing in Michalow, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Michalow yesterday at 10:00 AM, of his legal wife Marianna nee Dabkiewicz, 42. At the rite of holy baptism, the child was given the name of ALEXANDER. Godparents were Andrzej Jablonski and Katarzyna Karpinska. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed by me.

Fr. Karl Janowski, Rector
gdeborski

Replies: 72

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 am      Post subject: Help with Death Indexes in Russian

My request is a little different than others I have seen here. I am looking through parish records near Rypin for the surnames Tyburski/Tyburska and Szemborski/Szemborska - this one may be Szymborski/Szymborska. In the records of deaths for the parish of Osiek 1870 to 1882 even the Indexes are in Russian.

Is it possible for someone to instruct me how to recognize these surnames in the Cyrillic script?

I have posted the index for 1870 as an example. I hesitate to post them all, as I think that is asking too much of the kind volunteers on the Forum.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give,

Gary Deborski

Index Deaths 1870.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  9107 Time(s)

Index Deaths 1870.gif

Send e-mail
beskarupa

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 pm      Post subject: Translation needed please for Jadwiga Bien death record

Hello!

I recently found my great-great-great grandmother's death record from Poland. Can someone please translate for me? Thank you for your time and talent!

Beth

Bien Jadwiga Reszka 1898 death record (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  455.82 KB

Bien Jadwiga Reszka 1898 death record (2).jpg

beskarupa

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm      Post subject: Translation request for Katarzyna Stefaniak

Hello again!

My great-great-great grandmother remarried after the death of her first husband, Jan Bien. Can someone please translate this record for me? Thanks for all your help!

Beth

Stefaniak Kataryna Piotrowski Lukasz marriage record 1896 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  845.52 KB

Stefaniak Kataryna Piotrowski Lukasz marriage record 1896 (2).jpg

beskarupa

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm      Post subject: Translation for death record of Katarzyna Stefaniak

Hello again!

I found one more record that I need translated. It is the death record for Katarzyna Stefaniak, my 3X great grandmother. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Beth

Stefaniak Katarzyna death record 1899 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  555.02 KB

Stefaniak Katarzyna death record 1899 (2).jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with Death Indexes in Russian

gdeborski wrote:

Is it possible for someone to instruct me how to recognize these surnames in the Cyrillic script?

Gary Deborski

Hi Gary,

While I learned Russian in school (7 years), and later was able to read notes or books, I forgot a lot. Today I can decypher typed letters, and sometimes handwritten.

Wikipedia is your friend for mapping 32 cyrillic letters into latin. You can also find examples of handwritten cursive cyrilic, upper and lowercases, like here http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cyrillique_cursif.png
The letters are in cyrillic order.

Then you may use translate.google.com - when "From" is Russian (and "To" English or anything), you will see at the bottom of Russian square a sign, click on, the cyrillic keybord appears.
You may type a cyrillic letter and see what it is in latin script.
Mistakes happen, but it is indeed a powerful tool.

Szymborski is a well known name, because of Nobel prize, translate writes it with uppercase!

Here what I typed:

1. шымборски
2. шымборска
3. шимборски
4. чымборски
5. химборски
6. Шимборски

Here what I got:

1. shymborski
2. shymborska
3. Szymborska --> that is definitely wrong, should have i at the end, but Nobel is here ...
4. chymborski
5. himborski
6. Szymborska --> that is definitely wrong, should have i at the end, but Nobel is here ...

So you are looking for (6) with a or i at the and, in (6) there is a cyrilic "i", in (2) there is an "a".

Now the difficult part, handwritten cursive.
You look to the file, first find the typed letter "Sz" (first one in 6), then handwritten below. It is like a big handwritten "m", rotated 180° clockwise.

The good news with provided index example, is that it uses indentation when changing first letter, you can look it up quickly - you are interested in the last part of alphabet. Hope other pages are written so well.

Good luck,
Elzbieta
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm      Post subject:

Three translations for Beth. I am uncertain about the spelling of some of these locations, so please check with some good geographers!

Grozany/Gryzany [He writes it both ways]

Compiled in the posad (suburb) of Bychowo/Bychawo on 5/17 November 1896, at 4:00 PM. We ceclare that in the presence of witnesses Wojciech Mazur, 45, and Kazimir Mazur, 50, farmers residing in Grozany, that concluded this day was a religious marital union between Lukasz Piotr Piotrowski, 68, widower after the death of his wife Marianna nee Wronska, who died in the village of Grozany on 26 February/9 March of this year. He is a farmer born in the village of Rybczewic [?], Czenstoborowic parish and resides in the village of Grozany, son of the deceased Franziszek Piotrowski and his legal wife Agnieska Przytula, farmers, and Katarzyna Styzej, nee Stefaniak, 55, widow of her deceased husband Jan Styzej, who died in the village of Gryzany on 24 June/6 July 1891. She is a farmer born in the village of Galenzowska Wola, Targow parish, residing in Gryzany. She is the daughter of the deceased Jozef Stafaniak and his legal wife Mariana nee Czirnecka, farmers. The marrieage was preceded by the thrice proclaimed banns of marriage in the local parish church on 20 October/1 November, 27 October/8 November, and 3/15 November of this year. The newlweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. The rite of Marriage was conducted by the undersigned. This act was read aloud to the illiterate attendees and signed by me. Administrator of the Bychow/Bychaw parish and registrar of civil acts, Fr. Wladyslaw Opalski

Compiled in the suburb of Bychawo/Bychowo on 2/14 June 1889 at 9RazzM. There appeared Andrzej Bien, 33, and Jozef Piotrowski, 35, farmers residing in the village of Grozany/Gryzany and declared that in Grozany on 31 May/11 June of this year at 5:00 PM there died Katarzyna, by first marriage Styrzej, by second marriage Piotrowska, nee Stefaniak, farmer, 57 years of age. She resided in Grozany, was born in the village of Galenzowska Wola, daughter of the legal marriage of Jozef and Marianna nee Czernecki, farmers. She leaves behind her widowed husband Lukasz Piotr (both names) Piotrowski, farmer residing in Grozany, age 77. The declarants verified that they were eyewitnesses to the death of Katarzyna Piotrowska. This act was read aloud by the illiterate attendees and signed by me, Administrator of the Bychow/Bychaw parish and registrar of civil acts. Fr. Wladyslaw Opalny

Compiled in the suburb of Bychawo/Bychowo on 12/24 October 1898 at 10:00 PM. There appeared Andrzej Bien, 35, and Anton Witkowski, 42, farmers residing in the village of Grozany, and declared that in the village of Podzamcza [?] on 10/22 October this year there died Jadwiga Bien nee Reszka, farmer residing in Podzamcza, 72, born in the village of Struzhe/Struze? Kriasniksk [??] parish, daughter of the deceased Jacob Reszka and his wife Franziszka nee Murawska. She was the widow of husband Jan Bien. This act read aloud to the illiterate attendendees and signed by me, Administrator of Bychow/Bychaw parish and registrar of civil acts. Fr. Wladyslaw Opalny.
ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am      Post subject:

Attached are birth and death records for Splawski children. I am trying to find out if these are the children of my grandfathers sister. Would you please translate these to English.

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, BIRTH, 1898, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 19.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  474.98 KB

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, BIRTH, 1898, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 19.JPG

ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Attached are birth and death records for Splawski children. I am trying to find out if these are the children of my grandfathers sister. Would you please translate these to English.

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, DEATH, 1905, 1575056, ITEM 6, RECORD 35.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  692.25 KB

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, DEATH, 1905, 1575056, ITEM 6, RECORD 35.JPG

ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, DEATH, 1910, 1575056, ITEM 7, RECORD 39.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  486.77 KB

SPLAWSKI, JOZEF, DEATH, 1910, 1575056, ITEM 7, RECORD 39.JPG

ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA,BIRTH, 1896, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 70.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  539.72 KB

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA,BIRTH, 1896, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 70.JPG

ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, DEATH, 1909, 1575056, ITEM 7, RECORD 53.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  597.7 KB

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, DEATH, 1909, 1575056, ITEM 7, RECORD 53.JPG

ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:

Thanks, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, WINCENTY,BIRTH, 1900, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 48.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.14 KB

SPLAWSKI, WINCENTY,BIRTH, 1900, 1575055, ITEM 2, RECORD 48.JPG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 34 of 238

Jump to: