PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 pm      Post subject:

And from Fr. Wojcieck Makara, for the Bien family:

146. Compiled in Bykawo posad on 2/14 October 1890 at 9:00 AM. Appeared Andrzej Bien, 26, and Anton W - - julinski, 38, farmers residing in the village of Podzamczy [?], who declared that in Podzamczy on 30 September/12 October of this year at 6:00 pm, there died JAN BIEN, farmer, age 76, born in the village of Izdubno and residing in Podzamczy, son of Michal Bien and his wife Franziszka nee Woziakow [?], both deceased. He leaves behind his widowed wife Jadwiga nee Reszkowa, 64, farmer residing in Podzamczy. They verified that they were eyewitnesses to the death of Jan Bien. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. Wojciech Makara, Rector of Bychaw parish.
Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:04 am      Post subject: Marriage Nr. 251- Page 318

Ryszard,

many, many thanks for the very fast translation Very Happy ! I am so happy to find out my great-grandmother's maiden name. That is a big help for me!
Thanks,
Helli
beskarupa

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm      Post subject: Thanks and yet another request for Russian record translatio

Hello!

Once again I have to say thank you for the previous record translations! The Jan Bien record was my 3x great grandfather and it listed his parents names. This is so exciting! But now I have another record to translate because with the new information I have reason to believe that this is my 4x great grandmother, Rozalia Styzej nee. Osinowski. So I am requesting yet another translation of a Russian death record. Thank you!

Beth

Styzej nee Osinowski Rozalia death record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  615.79 KB
 Viewed:  9081 Time(s)

Styzej nee Osinowski Rozalia death record.jpg

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 am      Post subject:

Compiled in Bychawo posad [settlement, suburb] on 19/31 October, 1881, at 10:00 AM. Appeared Jan Styzej, 46, and Piotr Piotrowski, 55, farmers residing in the village of Grodzany, who declared that in Grodzany on 18/30 October of this year, at 8:00 AM, there died Rosalia Osinowska Styzej, laborer, widow, age 60, born in the village of Zaduby, residing in Grodzany, daughter of parents whose names have been forgotten. Eyewitness testimony of the death of Rozalia Styzej verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed by me. Fr. Wojciech Makara, rector of the Bychawo parish.
fplaywin

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:22 pm      Post subject: Translation of Russian Birth Record

I don't believe that the last time I tried to post this record I was able to do so. I'm trying again. I would very much appreciate help in the form of a translation of the attached document. Thank you very much. Your help is deeply appreciated.

Birth Anna Plawinska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  630.52 KB

Birth Anna Plawinska.jpg

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm      Post subject:

Not sure of the proper spelling of the village: Paniewek, Paniewsk, or Paniewka...

Paniewek [?]
No. 48.

Compiled in the village of Swerczyn on 12/25 March 1914, at 4:00 PM. There appeared Tomasz Plawinski, farmer from Paniewek [?], 33, permanent resident [unclear], in the presence of witnesses Jozef Sobanski from Kablukow, 31, and Piotr Wainczak [?], from Swerczyn, 44, both farmers, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Panewka [?] on 11/24 of this month and year at 4:00 AM of his legal wife Marianna nee Wozniak, 27. At the rite of holy baptism conducted today, the child was given the name of ANNA. Godparents were Jozef Sobanski and Helena Wozniak. This act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and signed by me and the [child's] father.

Signature of T. Plawinski
Signature of priest and registrar of civil acts.

The marginal comment in the left column is in Polish, with some scratched-out words:

Tomasz Plawinski on 9 January 1935, in the parish church of [??], died. [Unclear]
Wincenty Olejniczak.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:47 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:

Paniewek [?]
No. 48.

()

The marginal comment in the left column is in Polish, with some scratched-out words:

Tomasz Plawinski on 9 January 1935, in the parish church of [??], died. [Unclear]
Wincenty Olejniczak.

Staripolak, you are great. Hats off for all your translations.

The Polish text, just below number 48, is following:

Anna Plawinska
dnia 9 stycznia 1935 r w kosciele parafialnym Swierczynskim (S?B?) zawarla zwiazek malzenski z Wincentym Olejniczakiem.

--
On 9th January 1935, at the Church in Swierczyn (S?B?) Anna Plawinska was married to Wincenty Olejniczak.

==
Elzbieta
Helli

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm      Post subject: Russian translation request

Hi,
I received four russian records from the Plock Archive today and would be thankful if someone would translate them for me. These records are from my father's side of the family. Hopefully, I'll gain some new information.
Thank you so much in advance!
Helli

D50-1885.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  980.66 KB

D50-1885.jpg

M 2-1886.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  904.81 KB

M 2-1886.jpg

D40-1874.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.42 KB

D40-1874.jpg

D47-1876.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB

D47-1876.jpg

kesikowski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 am      Post subject: Help with records

I received an email this morning with my great-grandfather's marriage record to my great-grandmother and the death record of his first wife attached. I've been searching for this record for 10+ years so there is much joy for my family. However, we're having difficulty trying to decipher his mother's maiden name and his location of birth, I wondered if anyone here could help me with that, and also the maiden name of his first wife. I'm new to this board and am not sure of the protocol here but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I've never posted and therefore haven't included a file so be patient with me while I try to attach the record. We're looking a name similar to Elizbeta Feld (Adam's mother).
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Actually, it would be nice to confirm what is written in each section all the way across the record to make sure we're reading each entry correctly.

Thanks so much. Daniel Kesikowski

GetAttachment.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.08 KB
 Viewed:  15937 Time(s)

GetAttachment.jpg

marriage certificate 1882.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  825.49 KB

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:23 pm      Post subject:

No. 40
Drwaly [?]

Compiled in Vyszograd on 13 July/11 August 1874, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Josif Schmid, 28, and Heinrich Drachenberg, 50, both farmers from Drwaly, and declared to us that yesterday at 2:00 PM, there died in Drwaly, Agatha Schmidt, nee Hefke [not completly certain of that spelling], daughter of Jakob Hefke and his legal wife Maria nee Eman, born in Wyceew/Wydeew [?], 42 years of age. She leaves behind her husband Friedrich Schmidt, residing in Drwaly. Eyewitness testimony of the death of Agatha Schmidt verified. This act read aloud to the witnesses, who are illiterate, and signed by me. Pastor Albert

No. 47
Rakowo

Compiled in Vyszograd on 29 August/10 September 1876 at 4:00 PM. Appeared Jozef Schmid, farmer from Drwaly, 30, and Jan Drews, day laborer from Rekow [sic], 28, and declared to us that in Rakowo [sic] today at 8:00 AM there died Friedrich Schmidt, day laborer residing in Rakowo, 41, born in Drwaly, son of Jan Schmidt and his legal wife Margaretha nee Schwabe, residing in Drwaly. He leaves behind his widowed wife Ewa nee Werner. Eyewitness testimony to the death of Friedrich Schmidt verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarants.

Signed by Pastor of the Wyszograd Parish
Albert.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:13 am      Post subject:

No. 50
Drwaly

Compied in Wyszograd on 17/29 November 1885, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Henryk Drochenberg, farmer from Drwaly, 65, and Josif Schmid, day laborer from Drwaly, 39, and declared to us that in Drwaly yesterday at 5:00 PM there died Malgorzata Schmidt, nee Schwabe, wife of Jan Schmidt, who resided in Drwaly with her husband, she was age 77, born in Drwaly, daughter of Georg Schwabe and Barbara Schok. Eyewitness testimony of the death of Malgorzata Schmidt verified. This act read to the illiterate witnesses and signed by me.

[Signature]

No. 2
Drwaly

Compiled in Wyzsograd on 5/17 February 1886 at 3:00 PM. We declare in the presence of witnesses, Eduard Schultz, shoemaker from Ilowo, 38, and Heinrich Janz, day laborer from Ilowo, 32, that today was concluded a religious marital union between JOSEF SCHMIDT, widower, day laborer, son of peasants /farmers Jan and his deceased wife Margaretha nee Schwabe, he was born in Drwaly, of the Evang. Lutheran faith, age 39; and KAROLINA HARWART [Charwart], single, daughter of day laborer Ludowik and his deceased wife Julianna nee Witt, born in Ladast [?], age 19, residing in Drwaly. The marital union was preceded by the thrice published banns of marriage on 5/17 January of this year and on the two succeeding Sundays in the Evang. Augsburg Wyszogrod parish church. Permission for the wedding was given orally by the bride's father. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. This act read aloud to the illiterate participants. Signed by the Pastor of the Wyszogrod Parish
[Signature]
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:48 am      Post subject:

Daniel, may I suggest you ask for cyrillic handwritten translation under the topic "Russin records translation" - where Staripolak is doing tremendous work with cyrillic records.

I can read few handwritten words or letters, but it might be more confusing than helping.

After the name "Adamem Kesikowskim" written in Latin, I can decipher something similar to "widow of Franciszka, passed away in Warta, on 24 February this year"
([the record starts with 1882 year, 22 June (4 July)]

Later on there is a line with "son of Franciszek and Elzbieta, born Feld xxx marriage Kesikowskich"
[cannot find out what xxx is].
Elzbieta written in cyrillic adds a vovel "i" in bad place (incidentally French are unable to imagine 3 consonants in a row, much less to spell it, they do the same).

Best,
Elzbieta
Helli

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:14 am      Post subject:

Hallo Ryszard,
once more, many, many thanks for your translation! I truly appreciate it so much. In Nr. 40 you are right - her last name is Hefke (Agatha). These records give me some new information about my father's side of the family!
Very Happy Very Happy
Have a nice Sunday!
Helli
beskarupa

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 pm      Post subject: Translation requested of Russian death record

I have reason to believe that this death record for Wojciech Styzej is the record of my 4X great-grandfather and it may have his parents' names listed. Unfortunately, his wife's death record stated that her parents' names had been forgotten. If anyone has time to translate this record, I would greatly appreciate it. I am so thankful to all of you volunteers here at Polish Origins. I hope to repay you in some way in the near future, either by getting some money together for a donation or by helping someone too. Thanks!

Beth

Styzej Wojciech 1869 death record (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

Styzej Wojciech 1869 death record (2).jpg

kesikowski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm      Post subject: Help with old Cyrillic Russian records

Hello I was told by Elzbieta Porteneuve that I have posted to the wrong forum, for help with translating my great-grandparents church record handwritten in the old Cyrillic Russian. I am requesting help in the translation of it into English. Actually, it would be nice to confirm what is written in each section all the way across the record to make sure we're reading each entry correctly. I've been searching for this record for 10+ years so there is much joy for my family. However, we're having difficulty trying to decipher his mother's maiden name and his location of birth, I wondered if anyone here could help me with that. I'm new to this board and am not sure of the protocol here but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks so much. Daniel Kesikowski

Description:
 Filesize:  825.49 KB

Send e-mail
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 36 of 238

Jump to: