“I can’t emphasize enough, to anyone considering a trip to Poland, how it will excite and change you. Just beware that once you go, you may want to return many, many more times. My third visit is already planned out.”
“Something magic – or spiritual – comes into play that makes it unlike other journeys.”
“This was a trip of a lifetime and the gift of family was more than I could have hoped for from this trip.”
These are only a few voices of our honorable guests whom we had the privilege to assist in their Genealogy Tours to Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania and Slovakia.
And how about you?
Have you ever dreamed about visiting places where your ancestors were born, raised, experienced drudgery as well as joys of their everyday life?
Have you ever wondered if is it still possible to find living relatives in Poland and meet them personally?
How many questions about your family history are still without answers?
We are here to help you in realizing these dreams and finding answers to many family history questions by assisting you in your Genealogy Tours to Poland and Ukraine.
Genealogy Tour Service Offer
Each tour is a unique and very personal experience but there are some core components of our service that we will always provide for you:
1. Making a plan of the Tour. The plan is made together with you on the basis of your expectations and information provided by you before the start of the tour. You don’t have to know everything about your family history. The Tour will allow you to see, smell and walk in the places of your grandfathers and to hear their language. It may be also a great, and sometimes the only, opportunity to discover so much more about your past by doing on-site research and even find living relatives. The minimum information should be the places where you forefathers might have come from and the time period when they emigrated. All the information can be usually obtained from Passenger Arrival Records which can be found on Ancestry.com.
We will provide basic genealogy research which can include: availability of records, the names of parishes, Civil Record Offices, cemeteries and towns/villages we suggest to visit to look for your family traces and living relatives.
2. Driving and guiding you throughout the journey, very often in rural areas.
3. Doing oral and written translations.
4. Contacting, negotiating and establishing relationships with local civil and church officials to perform genealogy research as well as learn about local history of the places.
5. And… we are always flexible and open to your suggestions and expectation. If there is a need or desire, we can together change our plans within minutes or hours. Unscheduled stops and side trips along the way are always welcome and often add to the excitement of the tour, especially when it leads to an ancestral home site, or the discovery of relatives. You will not be able to ask for this on trips organized by a tourist company for large groups, where itineraries are strictly followed.
This is your Tour!
If you want to record and relate your Tour we would be happy to do this together with you in our Blog. Clients who have blogged their tours have found it to be a unique way to express their thoughts during their trip, rather than waiting until they return home. Blogging also gives friends and relatives a daily update of your tour. (We provide access to the Internet through our laptop even if there is no wi-fi network available, so you can check email or even contact others by making calls to landlines and mobile phones via Skype).
Of course, you may not want to write a Blog. This is not obligatory in any way and it doesn’t influence any other terms of the core service.
Our fees as well as all prices in Poland are in Polish zlotys (PLN). Current exchange rate of Polish zloty currency can be found here.
If you are our returning guests you are entitled to 5% discount of the final price. Discounts do not combine.
See more of our tours to Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Slovakia on PolishOrigins Tours offer page.