PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:20 am      Post subject: Metric books in parishes

Good day,

I have finally hit some wall with my research of Polish ancestry. Mostly I have found all the necessary persons who were born in late 1700s and are part of my tree. To go further I have to get more books that currently are digitized. However, according to information on Genealodzy site, it seems that particular Parishes might have older books available.

Anybody can give me some explanation on how I can deal with that books? Is it really worthwhile to ask parish to find some information? Although, because information in pre 1810 years - i have doubts they can easily search it in Latin language anyway.
Is it possible to come & search it by yourself? Or any other ways without personal visit are possible? Anybody who had personal experience like this is very welcome to share... On first glance there are no necessary books I can enquire information from regional archives.

Last, but not least. I have encountered quite some persons in my ancestry tree whom I can find birth date, marriage date and children birth records. But death date I cannot find ,even for male persons... for years in second half of 1800s mostly. Any resource which may be useful for such search ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: