PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:21 pm      Post subject: New to the Forum

Hi,

I am new, don't speak or read Polish... most of my family is Czech. I can usually read the old records but I would appreciate it if someone could help me get started.

I'm researching Tatar, Kieta, Styrcula and my best information is that the families are from Rogoznik and Stare Bystre and born in the 1880-85 time frame. If someone could point me to where these records might be located I'd be most grateful. And, I'd be happy to help with Czech records is there is a need.

Thank you,

Lenora
Send e-mail
mm_88

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:50 am      Post subject:

Hello Lenora,

Stare Bystre belongs to the parish Czarny Dunajec and Rogoźnik belongs to the parish Ludźmierz. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can find these records online. They are kept in the Archdiocesan Archives in Kraków, but on their website they state: in accordance with our regulations, employees of the Archive do not perform genealogical queries.
We invite you to carry them out on your own during the reading room's working hours. https://archiwum.diecezja.pl/kopie-ksiag-metrykalnych/

lenporcella

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:06 pm      Post subject: New to the Forum

Monika,
I am forever grateful for your response. I had looked everywhere and couldn't understand why I couldn't find the records. I appreciate your time and explanation and I will keep your note with my charts so that perhaps later, another generation in America can find them.

Lenora
Send e-mail
mm_88

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:58 am      Post subject:

Lenora,
I'm also looking for my ancestors in Czarny Dunajec and probably next month I will try to visit the archives. I can check records for Stare Bystre. Who exactly are you looking for?

lenporcella

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:18 pm      Post subject:

Monika,

I would happily pay you for your time or extra expense to check the archives. Jacob Tatar was an uncle, emmigrated to Chicago in 1902. All I know about this family follows. He gives his home as Bystre on the ship lists, and I believe that I saw birthdate and Rogoznik on citizenship papers but no longer have access to them.

Here is what I think I know:
Jacobus Tatar
Regina Kieta
married Stare Bystre #181
September 8, 1867

son Jacobus Tatar * May 5, 1880, possibly Rogoznik
Rozalia Anna Styrcula *September 24 1883-85
married in Chicago, 1903

daughter Katherine Rosalie Tatar

Thank you again, and please let me know if I can help you with anything in Czechia or America?

Lenora
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: