PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 pm      Post subject: Dymitrowski, Kolbuszowa Podkarpackie

I am looking for any information about Wladislaw Dymitrowski, b.1863, married 1894 (Anna Lenart) death unknown. Wladislaw is my husband's great-grandfather. He came to the US briefly in 1909 to join his wife and daughter (Marya Dymitrowska) and ultimately returned to Poland where he died. Anna Lenart Dymitrowska remained in the US and remarried 1919.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 715

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Dymitrowski, Kolbuszowa Podkarpackie

MartaMisiaszek wrote:
I am looking for any information about Wladislaw Dymitrowski, b.1863, married 1894 (Anna Lenart) death unknown. Wladislaw is my husband's great-grandfather. He came to the US briefly in 1909 to join his wife and daughter (Marya Dymitrowska) and ultimately returned to Poland where he died. Anna Lenart Dymitrowska remained in the US and remarried 1919.

Hi Marta,
I tried to find the church records from Kolbuszowa without success. So unfortunately I can not help you. I found the death record of Margaretha Dymitrowski from 1875. It is not indexed on Genetyka. She was the wife of Blazej Dymitrowski. She died on the 26th of January at the age of 75. Attached if you don't have this one (no.4).

Regards,
-Barb

D-Dymitrowska Malgorzata nee Golinska, 1875.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.13 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

D-Dymitrowska Malgorzata nee Golinska, 1875.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1035

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 am      Post subject:

Hi Marta and Barb,

The encouraging thing is that so many records from Kolbuszowa are indexed on Geneteka, so it means that the books still exist.

Marta, you might consider trying to contact Donna Gawell. She used to be a regular here on the forum, while she was doing some research into her ancestry. I believe she actually visited Kolbuszowa and she may have some info on how accessible the old records are.

This is a link to one of her posts, which I am providing because within it, she gives a link to her website where she talks about research she did on various branches of her family which led her to publish more than one novel about them. You may be able to use her "contact" page to reach her, if she does not reply to a private message sent through this forum.
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=6494&highlight=

Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2024 6:39 am      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi Marta and Barb,

The encouraging thing is that so many records from Kolbuszowa are indexed on Geneteka, so it means that the books still exist.

Marta, you might consider trying to contact Donna Gawell. She used to be a regular here on the forum, while she was doing some research into her ancestry. I believe she actually visited Kolbuszowa and she may have some info on how accessible the old records are.

This is a link to one of her posts, which I am providing because within it, she gives a link to her website where she talks about research she did on various branches of her family which led her to publish more than one novel about them. You may be able to use her "contact" page to reach her, if she does not reply to a private message sent through this forum.
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=6494&highlight=

Best of luck in your search,
Sophia

Hi,
Sophia as usual remembers everything Smile There are many church records from Kolbuszowa, and parishes are well indexed on Genetyka. But I found nothing from 1910-1919 when Wladyslaw died.
Marta, are there any specific records that you need?
Regards
-Barb
MartaMisiaszek

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 4:09 pm      Post subject:

Barb and Sophia'

Thanks for your replies. I find Polish P=origins a little wonky, I dont always see notifications and repies.

Margaretha Dymitrowski is not familiar to me, but a good piece of information none the less ( and one I would never have found) Wladsialaw Dymitrowski was born in 1863 to Antoni Dymitrowski and Apolonia Josefa Marcinkowska. SIblings are Marianna 1865-1867, WIktoria 1868 (husband Kacper Winiarski) and Julianna 1870.

I would really like to find out where and when Wladislaw died mostly to verify family lore that he left the US because the work was too hard. (Perhaps his wife was too hard to live with, not the work)

I know of Donna Gawell for a Kolbuszowa research group, I can reach out to her there.

I will be in Kolbuszowa and Poland in the fall.

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 1:21 am      Post subject:

MartaMisiaszek wrote:
Barb and Sophia'

Thanks for your replies. I find Polish P=origins a little wonky, I dont always see notifications and repies.

Margaretha Dymitrowski is not familiar to me, but a good piece of information none the less ( and one I would never have found) Wladsialaw Dymitrowski was born in 1863 to Antoni Dymitrowski and Apolonia Josefa Marcinkowska. SIblings are Marianna 1865-1867, WIktoria 1868 (husband Kacper Winiarski) and Julianna 1870.

I would really like to find out where and when Wladislaw died mostly to verify family lore that he left the US because the work was too hard. (Perhaps his wife was too hard to live with, not the work)

I know of Donna Gawell for a Kolbuszowa research group, I can reach out to her there.

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH

Hi Marta & Sophia,
As I mentioned earlier, I have not been able to obtain church records from 1910-1920. I have not seen Wladyslaw's grave in the Kolbuszowa cemetery. Several Dymitrowskis and Lenarts are buried there, and some of the graves are old from the beginning of the 20th century.
https://kolbuszowa.artlookgallery.com/grobonet/start.php?id=form&lang=en

Wladyslaw's parents were old or already dead when he went back. So why did he come back? The alternative is that he went to say goodbye to his parents and died during the visit.
Do you have the Manifest that confirms his return trip to Poland?
Have you tried to find the Wladyslawa death record in the USA?

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: 4 Days ago at 9:21 am      Post subject:

MartaMisiaszek wrote:
Barb and Sophia'

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH

Hi again,
Wiktoria's husband was Konstanty Turek. They married on February 10th,1889 in the parish of Kolbuszowa (not Kacper Winiarski). He was the husband of another Wiktoria Dymitrowski.
In addition, Wladyslaw had a sister Marianna. She was born on January 27th, 1873 in Kolbuszowa. She was married to Jan Pomorski on November 25th, 1893 in Kolbuszowa.
Wladyslaw and his siblings also had a half-brother Stanislaw born on February 26th, 1859 in Kolbuszowa. He died at the age of 16, on August 6th, 1875 in Kolbuszowa. His father was a widower when he married Apolonia Jozefa Marcinkowska. His first wife was Wiktoria Skowronska (ca. 1840- 16.06.1861). They were married in the parish of Kolbuszowa on February 15th, 1858.

Regards,
-Barb
MartaMisiaszek

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:48 pm      Post subject:

I thank you again, for your help. I will be at the computer tomorrow, I am sure I will have questions.Martha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: