PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:46 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much, Dave!!

Cynthia
Send e-mail
jwaldo11

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:57 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Dave! I feel pretty confident we have the right Antonina!
Agata Lutynska

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:32 am      Post subject: Lutyński - rodzina z Polski

Hello Cynthia. Are you in touch with Jwaldo, Marcel, Dave? This is my family and I want to contact them. Regards
Agata Lutyńska-Korenkiewicz

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello Jwaldo, Marcel, and Dave,

We now have a document from Poland (Wladyslawa’s 1904 birth) that places Anton in Poland and I also found 2 more US documents that place him in Wisconsin: 1. 1905 Wisconsin Census, and 2: WW1 draft registration. See attached. This narrows the window for his immigration.

He was present in Poland for the baptism of his daughter in January 1904. He was also present for the Wisconsin state census of June 1905. This gives a narrow window of 18 months for his immigration to the US. Anything you find that doesn’t fit this window can be ignored.

Also, Antonina’s 1906 passenger list indicates last residence as Jasionowo. There are 3 villages with the same name in Suwalki county. One is near Huta as Marcel indicated, but the other Jasionowo is about 12 km southeast of Wizajny. It is near Rutka-Tartak, but I don’t know the parish for that village. Dave, can you help locate the parish? It might be worth checking for marriage records in that parish. The Suwalki parish for Huta should also be researched.

On another note, I checked Wizajny parish books for 1872-1880 births and did not find a birth record for Antoni Lutynski. I also checked marriages for 1898-1905 and did not find their marriage record. So, they were married in another parish. Also, It seems after they returned from England, they stayed in Antonina’s parish for the birth of Wladyslawa (1904). Sometime afterwards, they moved to Jasionowo and Anton immigrated to the US (Jan 1904-June 1905). Antonina followed in 1906 with Jan and Wladyslawa.

It is a jigsaw puzzle!
All the best,
Cynthia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: