PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2793

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 am      Post subject: Re: Translate Latin

MartaMisiaszek wrote:
I am very curious about this record, my husbands great grand mother was listed as a god parent?

Hi MartaMisiaszek,

I need additional information in order to intelligently respond to your post. What was the name of your husband’s Great-grandmother? Who else in the record is of interest to you— are the parents of the child of interest?

Thanks,

Dave
MartaMisiaszek

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 pm      Post subject: Latin Translation

My husbands great grand mother was Anna Lenart Dymitriwska. I the the other other god parent was Antoni Lenard her brother. Those. Are guesses, and I would love the rest of the information.

My real quest is to find the brother of the baby beginning christened. Jozef born in 1888 was murdered in Katyn.i find no baptism record for him- I find nothing of his immediate family .

So I start here. Thank you in advance.

Martha
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1034

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Translation

MartaMisiaszek wrote:
My husbands great grand mother was Anna Lenart Dymitriwska. I the the other other god parent was Antoni Lenard her brother. Those. Are guesses, and I would love the rest of the information.

My real quest is to find the brother of the baby beginning christened. Jozef born in 1888 was murdered in Katyn.i find no baptism record for him- I find nothing of his immediate family .

Martha

Hello Martha,
There are some other members of the family, indexed on Geneteka:
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=09pk&rid=B&search_lastname=Mytych&search_name=Piotr&search_lastname2=&search_name2=Aniela&from_date=&to_date=
Here you see Stanislaw's birth in 1896, which is the image you already provided. You also see Piotr and Aniela had a son Jan in 1890 and again in 1900 (first child probably died) and a daughter Anna Franciszka in 1903.
The birth/baptism years of 1890 forward are in szukajwarchiwach, so that is where your scan for Stanislaw comes from. The years before that, including 1888 which interests you for trying to find Jozef, the scans come from a different source and the image quality is very poor.
I see from geneteka that the marriage of Piotr Mytych to Aniela Lenart was in Kolbuszowa in 1882. I wonder if your Jozef's birth/baptism record could also be there, since he does not show up on the list of indexed records from Parafia Jezowe where his siblings are indexed.
You might get some additional help with this, if you make a new post on the forum rather than here within the Latin translations where fewer people may see it.
Best regards,
Sophia
P.S. I see a very nice photo of Jozef and his family, on FindAGrave:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/22391773/jozef-mytych
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Translation

MartaMisiaszek wrote:

Martha

Martha,

Here is the data contained in the record. I hope it helps you.

You may possibly find information about Józef in this site which deals with those who suffered repression during World War II: https://straty.pl/szukaj-osoby.php

Dave

Name: Stanisław

Date of birth: February 9th

Date of baptism: February 22

House number: The Manor Stable

Religion: Catholic

Legitimate or illegitimate: Legitimate

The Father: Piotr Mytych, a manor servant, The legitimate son of Wojciech Mytych and of Maryanna born (née) Słoń

The Mother: Aniela Lenart, the legitimate daughter of Józef Lenart and of Anna née Kowal

The Sponsors/godparents: Antoni Lenart, a bachelor from Kolbuszowa; Anna Dymitrowska, the wife of Władysław

The notations provide the name of the midwife & of the priest who baptized the child.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1034

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Translation

MartaMisiaszek wrote:

Martha

Hi Dave and Martha,
To add to what I wrote yesterday, I think I disagree with how the Mytych birth of 1900 was indexed. The indexer lists this birth as Jan, but to my eye it is Franciscus (Franciszek). Dave, how do you see it? Baptism #109.
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/skan/-/skan/3619536d080839c99e3953039e329b0c8655edb9fa0bfe870c27fd40d5664fff
Thanks,
Sophia
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Translation

Sophia wrote:
MartaMisiaszek wrote:

Martha

Hi Dave and Martha,
To add to what I wrote yesterday, I think I disagree with how the Mytych birth of 1900 was indexed. The indexer lists this birth as Jan, but to my eye it is Franciscus (Franciszek). Dave, how do you see it? Baptism #109.
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/skan/-/skan/3619536d080839c99e3953039e329b0c8655edb9fa0bfe870c27fd40d5664fff
Thanks,
Sophia

Sophia,

Ererare humanum est.

The name is clearly Franciscus/Franciszek, born Sept. 9, 1900, baptized Sept. 23 and died on Sept. 21, 1901. The earlier child, Joannes/Jan, was born on Nov. 4, 1890.

Dave
MartaMisiaszek

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm      Post subject:

Thanks you Dave and Sophia, you are generous to review the records of others and share your time.

I caught the birth and death record of Infant Franciszek. Thank you for confirming what I saw.

I will ask for more help with Jozef Mytych, Katyn victim, in a new post. Thank you. I have been using Geneteka a lot, and I was aware of the family members listed, but could not find him.

What I am AMAZED by is the information in the baptismal record of Stanislaw Mytych, I had no idea that the location of the birth (Manor House Stable) and employment of his father as a servant at the manor would be included here! Is this information typical? Would there be a way to know what manor house? We are traveling to Kolbuszowa in the fall.

And one last question about Geneteka, why are some records scanned and accessible and others are not. I do not have my head around geneteka. Should I be logging in/creating an account? I HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 Page 275 of 275

Jump to: