PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:20 pm      Post subject: Birth record Lodz volvodeship

I am seeking a birth record from Piotrkow in the Lodz volvodeship, year 1873. Can anyone tell me if there is an online database from this area? I tried the state archive site and get no results when I enter that town name and check the boxes for vital records with scans.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:13 am      Post subject: Re: Birth record Lodz volvodeship

Cmstanley wrote:
I am seeking a birth record from Piotrkow in the Lodz volvodeship, year 1873. Can anyone tell me if there is an online database from this area? I tried the state archive site and get no results when I enter that town name and check the boxes for vital records with scans.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Hi,

Try http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryki.php?op=kt&ar=3&zs=1623d&sy=1873&kt=1

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:41 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Gilberto! Unfortunately I don't see the person I was hoping to find there but it was good to check.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:06 pm      Post subject:

Cmstanley wrote:
Thank you, Gilberto! Unfortunately I don't see the person I was hoping to find there but it was good to check.

The index is written in russian. Maybe I can identify the name and surname.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:07 pm      Post subject:

Yes I noticed that. If you don't mind double checking me that would be great- the name is Ignacy Zrabkowski. His parents's first names should be Josef and Antonina. It is possible that Ignacy was born in 1872- I extrapolated the date from the age on his marriage record (age 34 in March 1907.)

Thanks for the offer- I compared the Cyrillic writing of his name on the marriage record and didn't think there was a match but I could be wrong.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm      Post subject:

Cmstanley wrote:
Yes I noticed that. If you don't mind double checking me that would be great- the name is Ignacy Zrabkowski. His parents's first names should be Josef and Antonina. It is possible that Ignacy was born in 1872- I extrapolated the date from the age on his marriage record (age 34 in March 1907.)

Thanks for the offer- I compared the Cyrillic writing of his name on the marriage record and didn't think there was a match but I could be wrong.

I think I have found his marriage record, in Warsaw, All Saints church, because the parents are Jozef and Antonina, in http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=8&zs=9264d&sy=331&kt=1&skan=295.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0
If it is this one, I see Piotrkow written there, but I don't know if it refers to Piotrkow Trybunalski, which is in lodzkie woj. or to Piotrkow Kujawski in kujawsko-pomorskie. It is interesting to see that Geneteka lists a Jozef Zrabkowski born in 1843, Polajewo, 6 miles away from Piotrkow Kujawski. If this Jozef married about 1865 or so, he could be Ignacy's father.

Piotrkow Kujawski records for year around 1873 are available on line in https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl, though it is the most complicated website I have ever seen.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm      Post subject:

Yes that is the marriage record I found also- and I know there are other possibilities for the town. I don't think I realized that there was a Piotrkow Kujawski. That may be more likely, and might establish the kinship to the Joseph that you mention. He is my 2X great uncle and we are hoping to see if he was the father of Ignacy. Ignacy in turn is the father of Wladislaw who was an AK rifleman who took part in the 1944 Warsaw Uprising. We believe we are likely related (Zrabkowski name not that common) and are trying to establish the connection.

So all that to say, I guess I should be looking in Piotrkow Kujawski instead Smile
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:03 pm      Post subject:

Cmstanley wrote:
Yes that is the marriage record I found also- and I know there are other possibilities for the town. I don't think I realized that there was a Piotrkow Kujawski. That may be more likely, and might establish the kinship to the Joseph that you mention. He is my 2X great uncle and we are hoping to see if he was the father of Ignacy. Ignacy in turn is the father of Wladislaw who was an AK rifleman who took part in the 1944 Warsaw Uprising. We believe we are likely related (Zrabkowski name not that common) and are trying to establish the connection.

So all that to say, I guess I should be looking in Piotrkow Kujawski instead Smile

Was that marriage record translated? It might reveal important information.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:12 pm      Post subject:

Yes Ryszard translated it for me; I was going to link to it here but can't figure out how to access it at the moment!

I am unable to open the we page that you linked to above, for the records from Piotrkow Kujawski. Do you know if the link is correct, or if there is some other problem with the site?
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 am      Post subject:

Cmstanley wrote:
Yes Ryszard translated it for me; I was going to link to it here but can't figure out how to access it at the moment!

I am unable to open the we page that you linked to above, for the records from Piotrkow Kujawski. Do you know if the link is correct, or if there is some other problem with the site?

It seems I inserted a comma at the end.
Try https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:10 am      Post subject:

Great, thanks so much for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: