PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 704

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:32 pm      Post subject:

Hi Barb,
The children born in the USA to Piotr and Katarzyna were all born in Millville, New Jersey. Do you need information on them for I can provide it.

Here are the dates of birth for the children that were born in Poland. I am not sure if this will help you find a record for them.
Jan - born: 28 December 1903
Maria - born: 18 April 1905
Olga - born: 6 November 1907

I too saw Michal's manifest and his wife was Anna. It is great that you made the connection between Anna and Katarzyna.

Regards,
Trish[/quote]

Hi Trish,
It appears that all 3 (Jan, Maria and Olga) were born in Drohobycz (now Ukraine). If so, Maria was born there.
I can't find anything about Jan and Olga. In Manifest, Olga is called Karoline.
I thought marriage records might give us the place where they were born. In the manifest, the village of Bircza is entered.
Regards,
-Barb
SaintedDrew

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:31 pm      Post subject:

Thanks all for all the help. I am very new to this but I am excited to finally start seeing the threads of my family emerge that are from the Polish line.
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:06 pm      Post subject:

Trish wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Here is Katarzyna and the children coming to the USA. They are on lines 17-20. I'm not sure if you had this record. Sorry if I am duplicating your work. Once again, the town is listed but I need another set of eyes to verify the name of the town.

Enjoy your day!
Trish

Name Kataryna Pastuch
Gender Female
Ethnicity/ Nationality Polish
Marital Status Married
Age 34
Birth Date abt 1878
Birth Place Austria
Other Birth Place Bzlegud
Last Known Residence Kosziancika, Austria
Departure Port Trieste
Arrival Date 8 Jun 1912
Arrival Port New York, New York, USA
Residence Place Austria
Final Destination Milville, New Jersey
Height 5 Feet, 3 Inches
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown
Complexion Fair
Person in Old Country Anna Pastuch
Person in Old Country Relationship Sister
Person in Old Country Residence Russia Kosziancika
Person in US Piotr Pastuch
Person in US Relationship Husband
Spouse Piotr Pastuch
Sibling Anna Pastuch
Ship Name Columbia

Screenshot 2024-02-05 190144.png
 Description:
I did find that document with ancestry.com. Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to tie the records to them each.
 Filesize:  7.82 KB
 Viewed:  721 Time(s)

Screenshot 2024-02-05 190144.png

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 am      Post subject:

Hi SaintedDrew,
It is best if you contact the person who owns this family tree on Ancestry. Possibly she/he already has some documents. We are unsure of what you know and what you are looking for. I assume you have knowledge of the family after they came to the USA and you lack information about the time before that. Both Trish and Sophia can help and guide you. It would be nice if you could share something with us. Do you know anything about who Maria, Olga (Karolina), Jan married in the USA?

Best regards,
-Barb
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:37 am      Post subject:

Duplicate.

Last edited by SaintedDrew on Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:57 am      Post subject:

Duplicate
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:05 am      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi SaintedDrew,
It is best if you contact the person who owns this family tree on Ancestry. Possibly she/he already has some documents. We are unsure of what you know and what you are looking for. I assume you have knowledge of the family after they came to the USA and you lack information about the time before that. Both Trish and Sophia can help and guide you. It would be nice if you could share something with us. Do you know anything about who Maria, Olga (Karolina), Jan married in the USA?

Best regards,
-Barb

You are correct. I'm looking for the time before the America roots. I have examined a few trees on Ancestry and they appear to be dead ends with Kathryn Pastuch and Peter Pastuck Sr.

I will take any guidance they would like to give me.

Marriage Info from Ancestry that I have found:

John Pastuck have not found any
Mary Pastuck spouse Wesley Joseph Menajlo
Olga Pastuck spouse Harry Vail Felmey

And again. Thank you for the help with this. I really appreciate it.
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 299

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:28 pm      Post subject:

Hi Barbara, Sophia, and SaintedDrew,

It seems SaintedDrew already has the marriage information for the children of Piotr and Katarzyna. In order to get the actual marriage record, SaintedDrew would need to go the New Jersey State Archives in Trenton, New Jersey.

The New Jersey State Archives has birth, marriage, and death records on microfilm. Copies of the record are 50 cents. You need to go in person in order to obtain some records up to 1963. Otherwise, if you mail in the request, the records only go up to 1940. New Jersey naturalization records are at the archives too. The staff there is wonderful and very helpful.

https://www.nj.gov/state/archives/index.html

Regards,
Trish
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:17 pm      Post subject:

Trish wrote:

It seems SaintedDrew already has the marriage information for the children of Piotr and Katarzyna. In order to get the actual marriage record, SaintedDrew would need to go the New Jersey State Archives in Trenton, New Jersey.

The New Jersey State Archives has birth, marriage, and death records on microfilm. Copies of the record are 50 cents. You need to go in person in order to obtain some records up to 1963. Otherwise, if you mail in the request, the records only go up to 1940. New Jersey naturalization records are at the archives too. The staff there is wonderful and very helpful.

Regards,
Trish

The marriage records for?:

John Pastuck
Mary Pastuck
Olga Pastuck

Might have more information on their parents origins? Would it be just these 3 or other siblings?

I live a few states away, but it is in the realm of possibilty.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 pm      Post subject:

Hi SaintedDrew,
This I was able to find this afternoon. Unfortunately, without access to church records, I am unable to find more. I sent an email to the Mrzygłód parish yesterday. We can wait a few days.

Regards,
-Barb

Pastuch-Starosciak.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pastuch-Starosciak.pdf
 Filesize:  569.81 KB
 Downloaded:  35 Time(s)

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:21 pm      Post subject:

SaintedDrew wrote:
Trish wrote:

Regards,
Trish

John Pastuck
Mary Pastuck
Olga Pastuck

Might have more information on their parents origins? Would it be just these 3 or other siblings?

Hi!
If you can go in person, the New Jersey State Archives has births records up to 1923, marriage up to 1949, and deaths up to 1963. The records are on microfilm in chronological order then they are in alphabetical order so it's easy to find records. The records are 50 cents a copy. The staff is wonderful.

If you cannot go in person and use their online form, the birth records go up to 1923, the death and marriage records only go up to 1940. Plus the fees are higher for the document and research.

If you can go in person, you should be able to find the birth records for all the children who were born in New Jersey. Just remember to look for various spellings such as Pastuch, Pastuck, and Postuch.

You should be able to get the death records for Piotr and Kataryzna. They will probably be under Peter and Katherine or Kathryn. Peter (Piotr) died April 16, 1949. Kathryn (Kataryzna) died January 30, 1955.

You should be able to find marriage records. Having exact years will be a big help.

I did not find any marriage information for John. All I saw was an obituary which lists a son named Arnold. No wife was listed.

Anna married Leroy (Roy) Bolton March 18, 1934 per a wedding announcement.

Mary was listed as Mary Postuch marrying WM per the NJ State Marriage Index. Her marriage was November 13, 1926 per a newspaper article.

I hope this helps some.
Trish
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:21 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi SaintedDrew,
This I was able to find this afternoon. Unfortunately, without access to church records, I am unable to find more. I sent an email to the Mrzygłód parish yesterday. We can wait a few days.

Regards,
-Barb

Wow! You found quite a bit. Now I just need to figure out how to add this to my ancestry account.
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:24 pm      Post subject:

Trish wrote:
SaintedDrew wrote:
Trish wrote:

Regards,
Trish

John Pastuck
Mary Pastuck
Olga Pastuck

Hi!
If you can go in person, the New Jersey State Archives has births records up to 1923, marriage up to 1949, and deaths up to 1963. The records are on microfilm in chronological order then they are in alphabetical order so it's easy to find records. The records are 50 cents a copy. The staff is wonderful.

If you cannot go in person and use their online form, the birth records go up to 1923, the death and marriage records only go up to 1940. Plus the fees are higher for the document and research.

If you can go in person, you should be able to find the birth records for all the children who were born in New Jersey. Just remember to look for various spellings such as Pastuch, Pastuck, and Postuch.

You should be able to get the death records for Piotr and Kataryzna. They will probably be under Peter and Katherine or Kathryn. Peter (Piotr) died April 16, 1949. Kathryn (Kataryzna) died January 30, 1955.

You should be able to find marriage records. Having exact years will be a big help.

I did not find any marriage information for John. All I saw was an obituary which lists a son named Arnold. No wife was listed.

Anna married Leroy (Roy) Bolton March 18, 1934 per a wedding announcement.

Mary was listed as Mary Postuch marrying WM per the NJ State Marriage Index. Her marriage was November 13, 1926 per a newspaper article.

I hope this helps some.
Trish

My wife has a trip to Atlantic City, NJ next month. so (just a warning) I might be asking more questions if we can stop by the courthouse during that time frame.
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:58 am      Post subject:

Hi!
I forgot to tell you that Olga married around 1927 per the 1930 census.

Also, you can try to get Piotr Pastuch's naturalization record at the New Jersey State Archives. Piotr (Peter) was naturalized between 1920-1930 per the census records.

I sent you a pm.
Regards,
Trish
SaintedDrew

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:48 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi SaintedDrew,

Regards,
-Barb

Not sure if this helpful on the Polish side but ancestry.com found another branch in Poland.

Attached

branch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.05 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

branch.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Page 2 of 3

Jump to: