PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:50 am      Post subject: Rebizant - Rebizent - Ference - Herda

My g-g-grandmother was Katarzyna Herda Rebizant. I'm not positive what her husband's name was, but on various records I've seen it as Elias, Jlko, or Llko Rebizant. They resided in Huta Różaniecka.

They had at least 3 daughters:

Mary Rebizant Michalson, Malyuk:
Mary Rebizant arrived in the US 19 MAR 1911 on the SS Lapland. Her destination was Broughton, PA to see her uncle Mitch Herda.

Anna Rebizant Ference (1895-1951).
Anna arrived in the US in 1912 on the ship Amerika and was coming to see her sister Mary, who was now living in Pittsburgh. Anna married Theodor Ference

Alice Rebizant: (born in 1898)
I don't have her arrival information. She married Alek Didur and lived in Ellsworth Ohio.

From looking at online records, I believe that they had other siblings who also came to the US, but I don't know if they stayed.

Piotr Rebizant (born around 1887), arrived in NY in 1912 on the ship Bluecher. Going to see uncle M. Herda in Pittsburgh, PA.

Please contact me if you have any info to share. Thanks!

Last edited by Shellie on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Tad-TadeuszWysocki

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am      Post subject:

You must be very lucky dear Shellie in your life, surname location is giving the confirmation that the family REBIZANT (very rare Polish name, almost unknown in other parts of Poland) is still living and farming in your Huta Rozaniecka, SE Poland, as we can find now in this Huta in 2010 Poland:
1. Helena Rebizant, Huta Rozaniecka, Poland
2. Jozef Rebizant, Huta Rozaniecka, Poland
3. Stanislaw Rebizant, Huta Rozaniecka, Poland
You can find their phone numbers with http://www.ksiazka-telefoniczna.com
Good luck!
Tad
RootsPoland.com
Warsaw
Shellie

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:34 pm      Post subject:

Tad! Once again you have provided me with great information! Many years ago, I was told that we still had family there. Perhaps these are my relatives! I am going to do more research before I call. Thanks so much!
jarekg

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

I've a small story for you. I've registered here as I've read your post.

So...
Rebizant is very rare surname here in Poland. And this surname doesn't sound like from traditional polish language. This is coverage of this surname:
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/rebizant.html

A few years ago I have been visiting a beautiful small viliage in Poland called "Rebizanty":
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebizanty

The local story says that this village has been established by soldier of Napoleon Bonaparte army and village name origin from his name.

And if you look at place of this village on the polish map and the converage of this surname in Poland this local story seems to be very true!!

You should check these records:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitydetails&subject=69884&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Rzesz%C3%B3w%2C+Narol+%28Lubacz%C3%B3w%29&columns=*,0,0
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitydetails&subject=67769&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Lublin%2C+Susiec+%28Tomasz%C3%B3w+Lubelskie%29&columns=*,0,0
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localityhitlist&columns=*%2C0%2C0&PLACE=tomasz%C3%B3w+lubelski&PARTOF=&prePLACE=tomasz%C3%B3w+lubelski&prePARTOF=

I am not sure but the church for Rebizanty should had been located in one of these towns.
Shellie

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm      Post subject:

I love it! That is very interesting information indeed and I thank you for taking the time to share this information with me! I looked for Rebizanty on the map and if this map is correct, then Rebizanty is only a short jump from Huta Rozaniecka!
http://www.maplandia.com/poland/lubeiskie/tomaszow-lubelski/rebizanty/

Do you have any photos from your trip? I would love to hear more!

I have not done much research on my Rebizant ancestors, nor have I expolored the village and surrounding areas. I looks like I better start planning my next Forefathers Traces Tour for another visit to Poland to find my ancestors!

If anyone else has information to share, I would really love to hear from you!
jarekg

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm      Post subject:

Yes it's very very far. I think present descendants lives in Huta Rozaniecka because it was easier to find a job or sth like that. It's bigger village (town?) so it is/was easier to live there.

These records above are available to see in the library in the USA. You can use familysearch archive to check the other places in Poland, but you need to know where the church was located. BTW:
Akta urodzeń = born records
Akta małżeństw = marriage records
Akta zgonów = death records

My own photos comes from analog camera, and I haven't these photos digitalized on my pc, but you can try this:
http://www.polskiekrajobrazy.pl/Galerie/222:Rebizanty/
http://www.ga.com.pl/roztocz1.htm

These small waterfalls are most freqent visited there.

If you need sth else please PM me because I am not a constant visitor of this forum.
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:52 pm      Post subject:

I recently received word from my local Latter Day Saints Family History Center that some of my microfilm requests were waiting for me to reveiw. I only had time to look at one roll, so I chose FHL INTL Film 2003618 containing:
Births (Huta Różaniecka) 1849-1903
Marriages (H. Różaniecka) 1866-1935
Deaths (Huta Różaniecka) 1845-1945

I was disappointed that I did not find any of the ancestors I was looking for: Mary Rebizant (born around 1892); Anna Rebizant (born 1895); Alice Rebizant (born 1898); Piotr Rebizant (born around 1887); or Alexandra Rebizant (born around 1900). Both Anna and Alice clearly indicated on their social security applications and other documents that they were from Huta Różaniecka. I did find one family named Rebizant, but I don't have enough information to tie them to my ancestors yet. This is the first time that I've had to reconsider this and think about the surrounding smaller villages.

I am quite lucky that jarekg told me about the village Rebizanty, for I did not know that it existed (a perfect example of why this forum is so valuable to me). I will now search nearby villages on the films and then order the records for the village Rebizanty as jarekg suggested above. Please leave me a message on this thread if you have any Rebizant family information.

Does anyone know when the village Rebizanty was formed and if the village name has changed. I was wondering because of the information at this link. See item 129: http://prawo.lex.pl/serwis/du/2001/1772.htm
The google translation is not very clear.

Thanks!
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 pm      Post subject:

I'm making progress! I think I have discovered a cousin who is a decendent of Piotr Rebizant that I mentioned in my last posting. Very exciting. Even more exciting is that I received a reply to a letter I wrote to a cousin about my great-grandmother Anna Rebizant. He sent a kind reply and 3 old postcards. It turns out that the postcards were exchanged by my great-grandmother and great-grandfather in 1913 when they were courting! I can't believe how lucky I am to be holding these precious pieces of my family history!
<br>
I have pasted them below. If there is a member here who can help translate these, you would make my day...........no my entire year! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
<br>
Click on the images to enlarge them.

Rebizant postcard To My Sweetheart.jpg
 Description:
Click on image to enlarge
 Filesize:  392.32 KB
 Viewed:  12496 Time(s)

Rebizant postcard To My Sweetheart.jpg

Rebizant Card Your A Dear.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.11 KB
 Viewed:  12499 Time(s)

Rebizant Card Your A Dear.jpg

Rebizant Card Kissing Couple.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  480.11 KB
 Viewed:  12496 Time(s)

Rebizant Card Kissing Couple.jpg

efc3011

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 pm      Post subject:

I just saw all of these amazing reponses to your queries. You are very fortunate. Many of us have been searching for months and even years and haven't gotten the responses you have, so quickly.
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm      Post subject:

Don't get discouraged. You are correct, I am very lucky. I hope that you will have the same luck very soon.

Update: 05DEC2010:

This past week I followed a very unlikely lead that brought me straight to my distant cousins in Canada!!
Shellie

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:49 am      Post subject:

In the 1940's, My great-aunt visited her cousins in Canada and last week my cousin and I found her vacation photos - but no names were written on the backs. We were quite frustrated because we could not determine the exact location of the vacation nor whether the cousins were on her fathers side or mother's side of the family. Shortly afterward, my cousin found a book belonging to my great-grandfather and it had a Rebizant family name and address in Cooks Creek, Manitoba, Canada. It was very unlikely that the photos were related to the address, but we figured that even a small lead could result in some success. With a little searching for the name and town online, I quickly realized that I had already connected a cousin when I posted a query on ancestry.com. I just didn't have enough information yet to connect us. I posted my photos there and hoped that someone would recognize someone in the photos. If you are curious, you can read the thread here: http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/localities.northam.canada.manitoba.general/7922.3/mb.ashx
I also began to search online for Rebizant family in Cooks Creek and found some obituaries and family names. Thank goodness for the internet and Facebook because within a day I located more family and was talking on the phone with my new-found cousins.

I hope that all members of Polish Origins are lucky enough to have an experience like this. Just last month I was afraid I would never get past my brick wall. I have learned now that I should never ignore even the small hints, no matter how trivial you never know what you will uncover!

UPDATE November 2013: We did find later, after much research that we are most definitely related! The Rebizant family in Cook's Creek were from the family of Piotr Rebizant who emigrated to Canada around 1903. Piotr is the brother of my great-great grandfather Eliasz Rebizant. Their parents were Mikolaj Rebizant and Maria Wazny. Mikolaj was the son of Theodor Rebizant and Maria Mazylak. [from Greek and Roman Catholic church records].

Last edited by Shellie on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 am      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
Just last month I was afraid I would never get past my brick wall. I have learned now that I should never ignore even the small hints, no matter how trivial you never know what you will uncover!

This is so true. Patience and not ignoring even the smallest hints may occur to be so important. Happy for you Exclamation
Send e-mail
HelenaStromidlo

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Rebizant - Rebizent - Ference - Herda

Shellie wrote:
My g-g-grandmother was Katarzyna Herda Rebizant. I'm not positive what her husband's name was, but on various records I've seen it as Elias, Jlko, or Llko Rebizant. They resided in Huta Różaniecka.

They had at least 3 daughters:

Mary Rebizant Michalson, Malyuk:
Mary Rebizant arrived in the US 19 MAR 1911 on the SS Lapland. Her destination was Broughton, PA to see her uncle Mitch Herda.

Anna Rebizant Ference (1895-1951).
Anna arrived in the US in 1912 on the ship Amerika and was coming to see her sister Mary, who was now living in Pittsburgh. Anna married Theodor Ference

Alice Rebizant: (born in 1898)
I don't have her arrival information. She married Alek Didur and lived in Ellsworth Ohio.

From looking at online records, I believe that they had other siblings who also came to the US, but I don't know if they stayed.

Piotr Rebizant (born around 1887), arrived in NY in 1912 on the ship Bluecher. Going to see uncle M. Herda in Pittsburgh, PA.

Please contact me if you have any info to share. Thanks!
HelenaStromidlo

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm      Post subject:

Hi. It's Helena Stromidlo again. My g-g-fother was Ludwig Herda, brother of Katarzyna Herda, mother of Anna Herda Ference. Please to meet you.
Shellie

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 pm      Post subject:

Hi Helena! I am excited to meet you. Please tell me more about your Herda family. I am working on our family tree and would love to hear more from you, my new cousin! Do you know the names of the mother and father of your g-g-father Ludwig?

Helen - I just realized something....... you are Bill's wife, aren't you? I spoke with him on the phone last week!
Shellie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to: