Last updated May 25th, 2018.
In short, all personal data you give us as our Forum member or as a subscriber of our Newsletter are administered by INPASSA Zenon Znamirowski, Bałucianka 40, 38-481 Rymanów-Zdrój, Poland, NIP 8191301336 The company owns PolishOrigins brand and is listed at number 1428 in the Polish register of tour operators.
INPASSA collects as little sensitive information as possible in order to foster an environment where our members are comfortable that they can share their experiences without being personally identified. For example,we do not ask for your given name or physical address during registration. However, for your own protection, always note that any activities on a public medium such as the internet, at our site or others, are traceable under extreme circumstances (e.g., we must comply with legitimate requests from law enforcement agencies to provide IP address data, which your internet service provider can trace back to you individually). With that being our general policy, details follow.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – We will ask you to provide basic information if you choose to register with PolishOrigins.com, which will be your chosen username and email address. Any other information (such as surnames and places you are interested in, your interests, occupation etc.) you can add in your Account Profile at your own discretion. When you add it you voluntarily agree for INPASSA to be Administrator of the information.
- Log information – When you use PolishOrigins.com services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to PolishOrigins.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – PolishOrigins.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- We do not profile visitors on our platforms, we do not use behavioural targeting, we do not track the pages you visit, and we do not attempt to identify visitors personally.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
INPASSA only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of INPASSA in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, such as delivering newsletters. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of INPASSA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Any information or Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to public areas of the Website (for instance, in the Forum or Surnames & Places Databases) becomes available to the public. If you do not wish to share information publicly, do not post it in our Forum or Surnames&Places Databese. Read also about maintaing your own privacy in our Community Guidelines.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the e-mail address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures.
We restrict access to personal information to INPASSA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
INPASSA processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use INPASSA services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data (the right “to be forgotten”) at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
INPASSA regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or INPASSA’s treatment of personal information by contacting us.
You have a right to make a complaint to a supervisory body regarding personal data processing carried out by INPASSA Zenon Znamirowski.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this website.